Thread poster: Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 19:04
English to Serbian
+ ...
Jul 23, 2006

I've not been able to access my yahoo mailbox all day. Is anyone else having similar problems? I've tried using FireFox, IE, my mobile phone...Nothing.
I can log in, just can't access the mailbox.

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
same problem Jul 23, 2006

I've had the same problem; Yahoo mail's been down most of the day (my address is yahoo.es).

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
FWIW Jul 23, 2006

... yahoo.it is working just fine!
Catherine

Aneta Lasota - Leang ou
Aneta Lasota - Leang ou  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
yahoo france Jul 23, 2006

... is not working.

I hope it would be OK tomorrow.
Aneta

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let's just hope Jul 23, 2006

that it's not bouncing our mail. I use that address for business since it can be accessed from my mobile phone as well.

I've asked a few friends to send me test e-mails. None of them bounced so far. I'm now hoping that they'll be in my mailbox when I do manage to access it and not lost somewhere in cyber space.

[Edited at 2006-07-23 22:09]

Ruth Martínez
Ruth Martínez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
yahoo.com Jul 23, 2006

I had the same problem with yahoo.com yesterday. It's been working today but very slowly. It won't bounce your emails (at least my account didn't).

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:04
English to Italian
Same here Jul 24, 2006

I have a yahoo.it account that for some reason, when logging into my email box, is redirected to the co.uk site (I could never understand why... but this is what I see on the yahoo logo when I am in my email box... go figure...).
Today I had the same problem as you folks, and it's really frustrating.....

I have had a look at the Yahoo Answers section and several other users have been having the same problem. No one has any idea of when the problem is going to be fixed.
... See more
I have a yahoo.it account that for some reason, when logging into my email box, is redirected to the co.uk site (I could never understand why... but this is what I see on the yahoo logo when I am in my email box... go figure...).
Today I had the same problem as you folks, and it's really frustrating.....

I have had a look at the Yahoo Answers section and several other users have been having the same problem. No one has any idea of when the problem is going to be fixed.

Très embêtant....

[Edited at 2006-07-24 01:43]
Collapse

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 10:04
English to French
+ ...
Yahoo.com Jul 24, 2006

is working fine, at least the email part. Yahoo TV with my channel lineup has been acting up for a couple days, since they introduced the new home page, come to think of it.

Aneta Lasota - Leang ou
Aneta Lasota - Leang ou  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Yahoo FR is working today Jul 24, 2006

I hope your mails work too.

Have a good day

Aneta

Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:04
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm glad I'm not the same Jul 24, 2006

It's still not working correctly, but at least now I'm able to open my mailbox. Too bad it takes an eternity to read the mails!
Let's hope they fix this as soon as possible.

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Working now Jul 24, 2006

but very slooooow.

Balaban Cerit
Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:04
Member (2004)
English to Turkish
+ ...
it seems that the reason was a power failure Jul 25, 2006

at least that's what they said for Sunday!:

"Meanwhile, UK users of Yahoo! were without a number of services, including e-mail and instant messenger, on Sunday due to a power failure.

A spokesman told BBC News: "Yahoo! search, Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger were quickly restored to normal operation as were many of our content services."

"The remaining services are returning to normal now. We apologise to any of our users who may have been inco
... See more
at least that's what they said for Sunday!:

"Meanwhile, UK users of Yahoo! were without a number of services, including e-mail and instant messenger, on Sunday due to a power failure.

A spokesman told BBC News: "Yahoo! search, Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger were quickly restored to normal operation as were many of our content services."

"The remaining services are returning to normal now. We apologise to any of our users who may have been inconvenienced.""

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5209496.stm

Maybe the restoration process wasn't that quick and maybe power problems aren't confined to the UK these days.

Anyway, Branka, as far as I know, e-mails don't bounce back under such conditions. But if unexpected and massive power blackouts were to happen, nothing could be guaranteed. Indeed, in the link above, it says that MySpace was shut down for more than half a day after a power cut in the U.S.

----------

By the way, the heatwave is expected to intensify in France and Spain, today and Wednesday. This will further increase the burden on the electricity grids there.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

yahoo.co.uk

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »