Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:03
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Kaspersky Antivirus Jul 2, 2006

is what I use. You just have to switch to use "Extended database" and then also all Spy-ware, Ad-ware and like is included, blocked/destroyed. I don't know about other majour Anti-viruses, but Kaspersky's philosophy is that an Anti-virus engine should (be able, you can turn the feature off to save system resources or use another engine) to deal with ALL malware, otherwise users will be forced to purchase a new soft for removal of new malware very often, one for Spy-ware, next for Ad-ware, then f... See more
is what I use. You just have to switch to use "Extended database" and then also all Spy-ware, Ad-ware and like is included, blocked/destroyed. I don't know about other majour Anti-viruses, but Kaspersky's philosophy is that an Anti-virus engine should (be able, you can turn the feature off to save system resources or use another engine) to deal with ALL malware, otherwise users will be forced to purchase a new soft for removal of new malware very often, one for Spy-ware, next for Ad-ware, then for each and every Malware form yet to be invented- and they are very often. (Some already are, but I can't remember that new classification/names on the spot).

Uldis
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Most reliable anti-spyware/adware

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »