problem viewing chinese characters in windows
Thread poster: cherries1437
cherries1437
cherries1437
English to Chinese
Jun 27, 2006

Hi, im just found out this site because i was searching the answer for my problem.. recently, i downloaded a chinese 倉頡 (Changjie) program to practice my typing skills. Because it is a chinese program, I can't read everything of its program. Im using english Windows XP. I'm already installed the files for East Asian languages in Windows. Is there something I didn't do? I have no problem viewing chinese in Internet Explorer.. please help me, Thanx to all proz here! Have a great day.

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:22
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
If you can post this question ... Jun 29, 2006

It you post this question on the Non English- Chinese Forum, I'm sure a lot of people who are computer savvy will help you with that. As I'm not one of them, see what I can do. If you're using MS Office 2003, you will be able to go to View on the tool bar, scroll down to Encoding, to More, and to Chinese Simplify. See if you can then read the Chinese text. Good Luck!

[Edited at 2006-06-29 00:23]

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:22
German to English
+ ...
Changjie Jun 29, 2006

As I understand, Changjie is a Chinese input method. Windows XP already provides this input method.

Perhaps if you can say what the program is. Perhaps you need to check where and how it looks for your fonts and if it is finding them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem viewing chinese characters in windows

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »