Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

Hi all,

I wish to alter my outgoing email currently set from a free account with terra (SMTP server: mailhost.terra.es) to my own webpage email mainly so I can have a reliable auto reply service (terra autoreply has been out of order for ages).

Its been so long since I last did this that I can't remember how to go about this. Could some outlook-wise colleagues give me some advice please.

Many thanks in advance, Jason.

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:53
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Altering outgoing mail server in Outlook Apr 25, 2006

Hi Jason,

I'm assuming that you have both your e-mail accounts set up in Outlook. You can manually change the account for outgoing mail for each individual e-mail by pressing the "Accounts" button and choosing the e-mail account you want to use.

Otherwise, you can also change the default e-mail account, which is the one used for all outgoing mail (unless you've changed it manually as above). In order to change the default e-mail account (or add new e-mail accounts to yo
... See more
Hi Jason,

I'm assuming that you have both your e-mail accounts set up in Outlook. You can manually change the account for outgoing mail for each individual e-mail by pressing the "Accounts" button and choosing the e-mail account you want to use.

Otherwise, you can also change the default e-mail account, which is the one used for all outgoing mail (unless you've changed it manually as above). In order to change the default e-mail account (or add new e-mail accounts to your existing account), you can do so under by clicking on "Email accounts..." item in the "Tools" menu.

HTH

[Edited at 2006-04-25 16:50]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Altering outgoing mail server in Outlook

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »