Word freezes when I click File > Save As
Thread poster: Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 15, 2006

Hi all,

I work with MS Word 2000 (9.0.3821) under Windows 2000 Professional.

This has been happening to me for the last two days: I work in a Word file, and when I try to save it via File > Save as (or press the F12 key), it just freezes and doesn't react at all.

At first I thought it had to do with pictures being in the Word file, but I've tried with just text and small files and the same happens.

I don't have any other version of MS
Wo
... See more
Hi all,

I work with MS Word 2000 (9.0.3821) under Windows 2000 Professional.

This has been happening to me for the last two days: I work in a Word file, and when I try to save it via File > Save as (or press the F12 key), it just freezes and doesn't react at all.

At first I thought it had to do with pictures being in the Word file, but I've tried with just text and small files and the same happens.

I don't have any other version of MS
Word installed.

Any ideas of what might be happening?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jero
Collapse

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:15
Detect and repair option Apr 15, 2006

Hola Jerónimo,

I am not sure why your Word is freezing every time you hit "save as". However, a while ago mine was crashing every time I tried to close it from the icon that appears on the blue bar at the bottom of the screen.

What solved my problem was going to Word's "help", then to "detect and repair", and then performing the task. After that, the program stop crashing. Give it a try, it might help!

Good luck!

Yolanda Bello Olvera
Yolanda Bello Olvera  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
updates and service packs Apr 15, 2006

Have you visited the microsoft page and downloaded the updates and service packs for Windows and office?

I was having the same problem yesterday and I did the above. Problem solved.

HTH,

Yolanda

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Apr 17, 2006

Thanks Rosa and Yolanda for your answers.

It's back to normal now.

Jero

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word freezes when I click File > Save As

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »