Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Local time: 08:16
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2006

Dear All

I am translating an Xml file, but I can not view it in Internet Explorer, since I get an error message. I am starting to panick... any clues?

Thanks a lot,

sabina

[Edited at 2006-04-12 22:19]

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:16
Swedish to English
+ ...
XML SPY Apr 12, 2006

On the assumption that you mean an XML file (not XLM), the first question is why you want to view the file at all, particularly in Internet Explorer. You will get an error there because it cannot find the approproate DTD for the XML file. There are better ways of viewing the file.

What software are you using to translate the XML file? That software should display theXML file adequately.

If you really need to view the XML file in its raw form, one good answer is to down
... See more
On the assumption that you mean an XML file (not XLM), the first question is why you want to view the file at all, particularly in Internet Explorer. You will get an error there because it cannot find the approproate DTD for the XML file. There are better ways of viewing the file.

What software are you using to translate the XML file? That software should display theXML file adequately.

If you really need to view the XML file in its raw form, one good answer is to download a program called XML SPY - see
http://www.altova.com/support_freexmlspyhome.asp

The home version is free, and I have found it works very well.

But I think we need to understand what you're trying to achieve.
Collapse

Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Local time: 08:16
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Peter Apr 12, 2006

thanks a lot for your reply.

I wanted to translate my document with SDLX, but I can not get the command "Preview Translation" work. I simply can't view it. So I am trying with Trados Tag Editor but also in this case I get no Preview.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't view XML file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »