Get Right bug
Thread poster: Alireza Karbalaei
Alireza Karbalaei
Alireza Karbalaei
Iran
Local time: 04:59
English to Persian (Farsi)
Mar 27, 2006

a bug named GET RIGHT has been on my screen for a long time. It does not let me download any attachment I receive. I don't know how to get rid of it. Will you help me do so?
Thanks

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 02:29
... Mar 27, 2006

It is a download manager, did you get this program by mistake? http://www.getright.com/

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
there are a few ways to remove this Mar 27, 2006

1. first, go into
start - control panel - add/remove programs and uninstall the program (make sure you are not connected to the internet at the time. when this is done, you should probably restart the computer. that might well be enough.

2. spybot search and destroy is a free program available from a lot of sites like download.com. It has a tool to search what programs are running when you start the computer and you can also remove things there (get some help with this, you c
... See more
1. first, go into
start - control panel - add/remove programs and uninstall the program (make sure you are not connected to the internet at the time. when this is done, you should probably restart the computer. that might well be enough.

2. spybot search and destroy is a free program available from a lot of sites like download.com. It has a tool to search what programs are running when you start the computer and you can also remove things there (get some help with this, you can email me directly if you like)

let me know how it turns out.
Collapse

Alireza Karbalaei
Alireza Karbalaei
Iran
TOPIC STARTER
more explanation, please Mar 27, 2006

Orla Ryan wrote:

It is a download manager, did you get this program by mistake? http://www.getright.com/

Dear Orla, would you please give more explanation? A million thanks in advance,
Karbalaei

[Edited at 2006-03-28 04:52]

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 02:29
download manager Mar 27, 2006

[/quote]
Dear Orla, would you please more explanation? A million thanks in advance,
Karbalaei [/quote]

No problem. There are a variety download managers available online. They claim to increase the speed of downloads for files, pick up broken downloads, maintain user privacy, among other such features.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download_manager

Alireza Karbalaei
Alireza Karbalaei
Iran
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 29, 2006

Orla Ryan wrote:

Dear Orla, would you please more explanation? A million thanks in advance,
Karbalaei [/quote]

No problem. There are a variety download managers available online. They claim to increase the speed of downloads for files, pick up broken downloads, maintain user privacy, among other such features.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download_manager [/quote]
Dear Orla and David,

A million thanks for your help. It worked. I apologize for delay in thanking you; I had severe problem with my nasty PC!
Best wishes for both of you,
Alireza Karbalaei

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Get Right bug

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »