Bianca Jacobsohn
Bianca Jacobsohn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:44
French to English
+ ...
Mar 18, 2006

Hello there,

I'm presenting my research on a South African film at a conference and, as part of my presentation, I'd like to play selected clips from two different DVDs. I've downloaded a DVD ripper (and it's ripping as we speak) but from what I have tell it doesn't include an editor with which I can isolate segments.

Obviously, to do this manually would be incredibly time consuming (flicking through the movie to find the right time, changing DVDs, choosing language se
... See more
Hello there,

I'm presenting my research on a South African film at a conference and, as part of my presentation, I'd like to play selected clips from two different DVDs. I've downloaded a DVD ripper (and it's ripping as we speak) but from what I have tell it doesn't include an editor with which I can isolate segments.

Obviously, to do this manually would be incredibly time consuming (flicking through the movie to find the right time, changing DVDs, choosing language setting) and not ideal for a presentation!

I really don't know much about all this, so any help, advice would be appreciated!

Bianca Ah
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
yes, the rip contains all information Mar 18, 2006

Bianca AH wrote:

Hello there,

Obviously, to do this manually would be incredibly time consuming (flicking through the movie to find the right time, changing DVDs, choosing language setting) and not ideal for a presentation!

I really don't know much about all this, so any help, advice would be appreciated!

Bianca Ah
Hi! you would need a cutting and merging solution, generally editing tool, to cut fully DVDs and merge minutes. There are a few good tools in this area, that also reach the translation level like subtitling, captioning (frames definition etc,. )and the transition of the actual merge. I would suggest to check google, a few of these are also on trial basis, but do only limited number of frames (minutes length) Best Brandis

Errenn (X)
Errenn (X)
English to German
Try this one - it's Open Source Mar 18, 2006

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hyperengine

Mark: Every video editing is time consuming, because you will have to search for your material in the movies, cut it out, paste it together as a new file and then save it.

This is just for the case you have a suitable editing software.

Just think about it . . .

Bianca Jacobsohn
Bianca Jacobsohn  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let 'er rip! Mar 18, 2006

Thanks for your help!

John Walsh
John Walsh  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Go to http://www.videohelp.com/ Mar 19, 2006

Everything you need to know. A must for all DV enthusiasts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ripping DVD clips

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »