Is there an easier and quick way to locate the text in a different font in the same file?
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 12:00
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

I was assigned a job to retype the text typed in a ttf font (Kruti Dev) into a Hindi Unicode font. I retyped the matter by deleting the original text. Now, the agency has informed me that a few words have not been retyped and these are present in the retyped file. The agency wants me to retype those words also in the Unicode font, but the problem is that it is very difficult to locate the original text. I tried to trace those words by keeping the cursor on the same and then reading the name... See more
I was assigned a job to retype the text typed in a ttf font (Kruti Dev) into a Hindi Unicode font. I retyped the matter by deleting the original text. Now, the agency has informed me that a few words have not been retyped and these are present in the retyped file. The agency wants me to retype those words also in the Unicode font, but the problem is that it is very difficult to locate the original text. I tried to trace those words by keeping the cursor on the same and then reading the name of the font in the fonts window but this process consumes a great deal of time.

Is there any simple and quick way to locate the original text which could not be retyped inadvertently?

Thanks in anticipation.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:30
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the search function in Word Mar 13, 2006

Press "Advanced" and chose Fromat, than chose "Font" and type the name of the searched font in the font name field. Note, that the font name must exactly match the name shown in Word.
If this font is not installed in your system, you can also use Tools - Options - Compatibilty - Replace fonts to replace it completly with any other available font.

HTH
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there an easier and quick way to locate the text in a different font in the same file?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »