Japanese support for handheld Acer n. 30
Thread poster: Quiritum
Quiritum
Quiritum
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 27, 2006

Can anyone help me in making my handheld Acer n. 30 see Japanese characters in the Internet Explorer and Word?

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 20:38
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
The problem is not Acer Feb 28, 2006

but your OS. If you are using WinXP or Win2000 this setting is possible from the "Regional Setting" option in the Control Panel if your OS is English (I suspect it is so, for if the OS were Japanese you wouldn't have this encoding problem, is this correct?).

If you provide this information I will help you with a set of simple instructions.

Kind regards

Mario
... See more
but your OS. If you are using WinXP or Win2000 this setting is possible from the "Regional Setting" option in the Control Panel if your OS is English (I suspect it is so, for if the OS were Japanese you wouldn't have this encoding problem, is this correct?).

If you provide this information I will help you with a set of simple instructions.

Kind regards

Mario Cerutti
http://www.aliseo.com
Collapse

Quiritum
Quiritum
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft® Windows MobileTM 2003 Software for Pocket PC Premium Edition Mar 1, 2006

My handheld has Microsoft® Windows MobileTM 2003 Software for Pocket PC Premium Edition
with Outlook® 2002. I now managed to find japanese font, but it helps only to see japanese texts in the Word, I can't see japanese characters in explorer. Btw, can you help with the Arabic support, in the same way I found arabic fonts, and it works, the only problem is that direction displayed in Word is left-to-right, and in arabic is right-to-left.
Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese support for handheld Acer n. 30

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »