lately my mice are shaky
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 04:11
English to German
+ ...
Dec 10, 2005

I use, atleast I think they are high-end mice around 2400 dpi, USB2 connectors and with a very precise pointers almost 0.001µ (precision dot) atleast that is what the logitech said on the description. I use Windows XPSP2 on all comps. Lately they are not so precise and kinda shaky while moving (not shadows or traces etc., here I am clean) I even had thought about the swap size but it cannot be as I still have over 30 GB on each disk SATA type. 20000 rotations. Does anyone else face similar trou... See more
I use, atleast I think they are high-end mice around 2400 dpi, USB2 connectors and with a very precise pointers almost 0.001µ (precision dot) atleast that is what the logitech said on the description. I use Windows XPSP2 on all comps. Lately they are not so precise and kinda shaky while moving (not shadows or traces etc., here I am clean) I even had thought about the swap size but it cannot be as I still have over 30 GB on each disk SATA type. 20000 rotations. Does anyone else face similar troubles. I shall appreciate all help. Brandis

[Edited at 2005-12-11 06:23]
Collapse

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 22:11
English
Clean the optics Dec 10, 2005

If you're using an optical mouse -- you did not say -- and the LED is in a recessed housing, reach in there with a cotton swab and clean it out.

I can't think of a software-related reason why this would happen.

Esteban Flamini
Esteban Flamini  Identity Verified
Greece
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is this a ball-type mouse? Dec 10, 2005

What kind of tracking technology is your mouse? If it is the tracking-ball kind (i.e., not an optical mouse), it may be that dirt has accumulated in the inside, I can give you some directions to clean it.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sorry it is a mistake, Dec 10, 2005

they are pen, and 3 buttoned optical mice, which is I can use these for developing graphics, rendering stuff just as for normal clicking etc., alternatively, as they work in a similar pattern.Make is similar to summasketch digitizer components. Brandis

[Edited at 2005-12-10 16:51]

[Edited at 2005-12-10 17:03]

Peter Bouillon
Peter Bouillon  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Here's why :-) Dec 10, 2005

Brandis wrote:

Lately my mice are shaky

They're afraid of your CAT tool

Running, ducking and hiding,
P.

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
What size are your SATA HDs? Dec 10, 2005

swap size but it cannot be as I still have over 30 GB on each disk SATA type. 20000 rotations.

I am not really an expert but I always found that under 50% free space on HD troubles like this are very common. You might try to free up some space and see the results.

[Edited at 2005-12-10 19:55]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) that is funny Dec 11, 2005

Peter Bouillon wrote:

Brandis wrote:

Lately my mice are shaky

They're afraid of your CAT tool

Running, ducking and hiding,
P.
I didn´t mean hiding etc,. they are just shaky, even if I do not touch them the cursor on the screen is shaky. I was wondering whether any of you know this kind of phenomenon, all cables and signal relay ports are in place and there is no problem with the relay. This is for my italian friend, the SATA are 160 GB each and have about 30GB free to swap on one and about 50GB on the other. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

lately my mice are shaky

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »