Marie Christine Cramay
Italy
Local time: 15:52
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
Dec 9, 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to know the method for introducing a coloured background in my e-mails from Outlook Express. Is it simple?
And how can I manage to add photos or pictures found on the Web in my e-mails? Is it possible to save photos in DOCUMENTS/MS WORD and export them directly to Outlook Express in an open e-mail?
I must point out that I have no scanner.
I thank you in advance for your advice (if you could be analytical in your explanations or differe
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I would like to know the method for introducing a coloured background in my e-mails from Outlook Express. Is it simple?
And how can I manage to add photos or pictures found on the Web in my e-mails? Is it possible to save photos in DOCUMENTS/MS WORD and export them directly to Outlook Express in an open e-mail?
I must point out that I have no scanner.
I thank you in advance for your advice (if you could be analytical in your explanations or different stages to follow, I would appreciate it).
Thank you again.
Christine
Collapse

Lars Jelking
Lars Jelking  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Use templates Dec 9, 2005

On Outlook Express, click Message and choose New message using.. . There are several pre-made stationaries to choose from. And you can download more from Microsofts website.

Marie Christine Cramay
Marie Christine Cramay
Italy
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Lars Dec 9, 2005

Thank you very much for youre reply, but what's about my coloured background?
I'll try what you suggested to me for the rest, hoping I will get something positive.
Best regards,
Christine

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Background and pictures Dec 9, 2005

Create a new message. Select Format - HTML (in case it's not already in HTML format).

Select Format - Background - Color.

Inserting pictures: First, save the picture to your hard disk, if it's not already there. Right-click the picture, choose "Save as" or "Save picture as" (the exact command depends on your browser) and save it. Then either drag and drop the picture from Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) to the message in Outlook Express, or choose Insert - Pict
... See more
Create a new message. Select Format - HTML (in case it's not already in HTML format).

Select Format - Background - Color.

Inserting pictures: First, save the picture to your hard disk, if it's not already there. Right-click the picture, choose "Save as" or "Save picture as" (the exact command depends on your browser) and save it. Then either drag and drop the picture from Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) to the message in Outlook Express, or choose Insert - Picture, click Browse and select the saved picture.
Collapse

Marie Christine Cramay
Marie Christine Cramay
Italy
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Hynek - Other sources for choice of colours for background Dec 9, 2005

Thank you very much for your explanations.
It does work, but do you know whether there is the possibility to get more colours? Those I can see are too flashy or dark for a background? I regularly receive e-mails from an Italian agency which sends me messages with a beautiful pastel blue that doesn't appear in Outlook Express?
Thanks again.
Christine

Hynek Palatin
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
More colours Dec 9, 2005

You can use any color, but you have to edit the HTML source code of the message.

First, select any background color from the menu (see above). Then, in the message window, choose View - Source Edit. Click on the Source tab and look for the following code (about 7th line from top):
<BODY bgColor=#xxxxxx>
where "xxxxxx" is the color code.

Replace the current color code with the color of your choice and choose View - Source Edit again to cancel S
... See more
You can use any color, but you have to edit the HTML source code of the message.

First, select any background color from the menu (see above). Then, in the message window, choose View - Source Edit. Click on the Source tab and look for the following code (about 7th line from top):
<BODY bgColor=#xxxxxx>
where "xxxxxx" is the color code.

Replace the current color code with the color of your choice and choose View - Source Edit again to cancel Source Edit.

You can pick the color for example here or here.
Collapse

Terejimenez
Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Help needed with coloured background in OE Sep 12, 2006

Hello Hynek,

I am trying to change the color background for my outlook express (for a pastel color without decorations) for my e-mails in OE, but cannot find the Message-View-Source option you suggested. Could you help me please ?

Thank you very much for your time,

Kind regards,

Tere

Hello Hynek,
I just found the View -Source- Edit options and managed to change the color code to the one I want, but now I need to know how
... See more
Hello Hynek,

I am trying to change the color background for my outlook express (for a pastel color without decorations) for my e-mails in OE, but cannot find the Message-View-Source option you suggested. Could you help me please ?

Thank you very much for your time,

Kind regards,

Tere

Hello Hynek,
I just found the View -Source- Edit options and managed to change the color code to the one I want, but now I need to know how to save this color as a default color for all my e-mails. Thanks a lot.

Tere

[Edited at 2006-09-12 04:44]
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Default HTML template Sep 12, 2006

I need to know how to save this color as a default color for all my e-mails.

Hi Tere,

You need to create a new HTML template and set it as default. You will find detailed instructions in Help, just search for "template" in the glossary.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introduction of a coloured background & photos/pictures in an e-mail

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »