diana bb
diana bb  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 18:24
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Nov 21, 2005

Hello folks,

Has anybody of you had problems with hotmail recently (by recently I mean past two-three days)?

My problem is that when I try to sign in - no matter from where - I get this maddening 'Match the characters in the picture' exercise... And again... and again...

For this reason I even had to redirect my Proz.com mail, because, although I cen see emails arriving, I cannot check them!

Regards

Diana

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
At aol also Nov 21, 2005

I opened an aol.com mail account as alternative, but was unable to send messages because I had to answer those silly puzzle questions.
I gave up in the end.
Regards
Heinrich

Momoka (X)
Momoka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:24
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
No problem here Nov 21, 2005

I access both of my Hotmail accounts (Hotmail USA and Hotmail Japan) from my Japanese Hotmail server; sor far no problem at all. Maybe it's a local problem.

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:24
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
no problem with Hotmail Nov 22, 2005

I use my hotmail.com account from France every day. A couple of times I had sign in problems with the password over the past few days, but it may have been from typing to fast. I've managed to log in successfully all of this week, including today.

Jeff

Marisa Schiavi (X)
Marisa Schiavi (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
I've had problems too Nov 22, 2005

I've had problems when logging on, different to yours though. I simply cannot log on and there's been a delay of about 12 hours with receiving my e-mails, weird.....

samnunns
samnunns
English to Chinese
+ ...
Yes, and wired problems... Nov 22, 2005

We all know what hotmails sometimes has problem receiving mail, but what happend to me was that I could get mail from anyone but my father! It didn't matter what he did-- writing a new one, forwarding or simply clicking on the reply button-- it would say "mail sent successfully" on his computer but I'd just never see the it. This problem made me suspecious that I've lost a lot more mail, so eventually I switched to yahoo.

samnunns
samnunns
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oops! Should be "weird", and also... Nov 22, 2005

I've been using hotmail USA, and the problem occured in 3 countries I've stayed. So I am pretty sure this problem arose from hotmail, not the servers.
Cheers.

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:24
English to German
maybe I've misunderstood your problem Nov 22, 2005

'Match the characters in the picture' exercise... And again... and again...

I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly. Did you enter the characters in the picture or didn't you? You probably know that being asked to do so is a safety measure to ensure that a real person is logging on.

diana bb
diana bb  Identity Verified
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You understood it correctly I think... Nov 22, 2005

Rebekka Gross wrote:

'Match the characters in the picture' exercise... And again... and again...

I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly. Did you enter the characters in the picture or didn't you? You probably know that being asked to do so is a safety measure to ensure that a real person is logging on.

Yes, Rebekka, I know why they ask to match the characters in the picture... Thats to check whether emails are written by a person and not generated by a pc, because a machine wouldnt recognise the characters.

The thing is, I match the characters, am taken to the sign-in page, type address and password, click 'sign in' and - what do you think? - am yet again taken to 'match the characters' page... endlessly. Tried using audio - the result was the same.

Well, I took some time to investigate into this issue, and it turned out that I am not the only one affected by it. It turns out many people are facing this problem. But, honestly speaking, it does not make me any happier...

Regards,

Diana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hotmail gone mad

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »