Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:46
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Nov 11, 2005

Hi.

I've been asked to provide a translation in a "Helvetica like" font. Do you know any such font for Arabic or Persian?

Thanks.

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 21:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
No equivalent font likely in Persian TTF Nov 11, 2005

Greetings... salaam...

I may be misinformed, but I strongly doubt that such an equivalent of that style/type of font exists in Persian (and possibly that requesting client is misinformed in thinking that such a font exists).

Perhaps Mudir TTF or Mudir MT TTF might be satisfactory. If not, a large range of Persian fonts is available online (according on what appearance that clint wants in the final product you deliver).

Hope this helps.

... See more
Greetings... salaam...

I may be misinformed, but I strongly doubt that such an equivalent of that style/type of font exists in Persian (and possibly that requesting client is misinformed in thinking that such a font exists).

Perhaps Mudir TTF or Mudir MT TTF might be satisfactory. If not, a large range of Persian fonts is available online (according on what appearance that clint wants in the final product you deliver).

Hope this helps.

Eid shumaa mubarak va pairooz.

khudaa Haafez.

Beh eHtiraam.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

(Using a borrowed laptop that does not have Persian-Farsi language support installed yet)
Collapse

Gwidon Naskrent
Gwidon Naskrent  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:46
English to Polish
+ ...
This makes no sense Nov 12, 2005

Rahi Moosavi wrote:

Hi.

I've been asked to provide a translation in a "Helvetica like" font. Do you know any such font for Arabic or Persian?

Thanks.

Concepts such as serif and sans-serif have no meaning with respect to Arabic typefaces, because they lack serifs.

Alternatively you can look for "non-traditional" styles with more geometric letter shapes, or as a last resort use Arial Unicode MS, if you can sacrifice aesthetics.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Helvetica like fonts for Arabic script languages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »