Thread poster: two2tango
two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 11, 2004

My last posting, which I placed in Trados Support got no answers, the question is pasted below.

I would appreciate any information on Robohelp files. I would also appreciate anybody sending a sample file to me.
Thanks in advance!

Haydée

Question:
I would like to know if Trados is compatible with Robohelp files, as this is a potential assgnment. I would appreciate all information available. I work with Trados 5.5.and would be starting wi
... See more
My last posting, which I placed in Trados Support got no answers, the question is pasted below.

I would appreciate any information on Robohelp files. I would also appreciate anybody sending a sample file to me.
Thanks in advance!

Haydée

Question:
I would like to know if Trados is compatible with Robohelp files, as this is a potential assgnment. I would appreciate all information available. I work with Trados 5.5.and would be starting with Robohelp from nought in two months´time.

Thank you all in advance,

Haydée
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:00
German to Spanish
Why together? Oct 11, 2004

With Robohelp you can not translate.
You can simply import the translated files (doc, xml, Pdf, etc.) to create a project.

Or you want to translate help files created with Robohelp?

In this case, I think you can only translate it if you have the project files (import&export). I do not think it is possible to translate, at least all kind of help files, like FlashHelp.

I just visit a Robohelp Workshop, so I am not a expert....not needed till now.

Salu2

two2tango wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Haydée

Question:
I would like to know if Trados is compatible with Robohelp files, as this is a potential assgnment. I would appreciate all information available. I work with Trados 5.5.and would be starting with Robohelp from nought in two months´time.

Thank you all in advance,

Haydée

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's not so hard Oct 11, 2004

Hi Haydeé

Your client should give you the original project, with source files in .doc or .html, and you can work with them normally with Workbench or TagEditor, then import them to Robohelp.

Now, in the case your client only gives you the help file (.hlp), you can use the tool Help-To-Source, in the Robohelp Starter Tools menu. It takes a help file and creates a project from it. Then, you translate it and recreate the help file.

Also, you can download Rob
... See more
Hi Haydeé

Your client should give you the original project, with source files in .doc or .html, and you can work with them normally with Workbench or TagEditor, then import them to Robohelp.

Now, in the case your client only gives you the help file (.hlp), you can use the tool Help-To-Source, in the Robohelp Starter Tools menu. It takes a help file and creates a project from it. Then, you translate it and recreate the help file.

Also, you can download Robohelp Trial from their website, it includes several samples you can use.

Regards and good luck

Edwal

[Edited at 2004-10-11 18:28]
Collapse

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Oct 12, 2004

I will do as you both say.

Best regards,

Haydée

Karin Kutscher
Karin Kutscher  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
.fpj files Mar 12, 2007

Edwal Rospigliosi wrote:

Hi Haydeé

Also, you can download Robohelp Trial from their website, it includes several samples you can use.

Regards and good luck

Edwal

[Edited at 2004-10-11 18:28]

Hi Edwal!

I got some RoboHelp project to translate, including .htm, .jpg, .css, and .fpj files.

What I want to know is if after translating the .htm files I should update the .fpj files, and if so, how.

Thanks in advance,

Karin

[Edited at 2007-03-12 23:02]

[Edited at 2007-03-12 23:03]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Info on Robohelp files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »