Couldn't kill it with a stick.. your favourite computer?
Autor de la hebra: Steve Kerry

Steve Kerry  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:05
alemán a inglés
Jan 16, 2013

Currently I'm running a Toshiba 17 inch P200 1IR Equium, Intel Core Duo with 2GB ram - had it for 6 years now from new and it still suits me perfectly. Only problem was when I spilled a cup of coffee on the keyboard (classic fail) which I renewed myself at a cost of £30 or so. Build quality is superb and it has a full size, soft-touch, good visibility (black on grey) keyboard which is easy and quiet to type on. So... what is your favourite "bullet proof" computer, and why?

Steve K.
... See more
Currently I'm running a Toshiba 17 inch P200 1IR Equium, Intel Core Duo with 2GB ram - had it for 6 years now from new and it still suits me perfectly. Only problem was when I spilled a cup of coffee on the keyboard (classic fail) which I renewed myself at a cost of £30 or so. Build quality is superb and it has a full size, soft-touch, good visibility (black on grey) keyboard which is easy and quiet to type on. So... what is your favourite "bullet proof" computer, and why?

Steve K.

P.S.: Just an afterthought, but equally informative - what was the worst one you have ever owned?
(I'm thinking "Tiny" computers here, but that was "back in the day"....)

[Edited at 2013-01-16 15:08 GMT]
Collapse

neilmac  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 23:05
español a inglés
+ ...
Yay, Toshiba! Jan 16, 2013

I swear by Toshiba laptops ever since I was gifted a 2nd hand one by a client donkeys ago. I've since bought two and have no complaints whasoever.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Couldn't kill it with a stick.. your favourite computer?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Búsqueda de términos
  • Trabajos
  • Foros
  • Multiple search