Couldn't kill it with a stick.. your favourite computer?
Thread poster: Steve Kerry
Steve Kerry
Steve Kerry  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:44
German to English
Jan 16, 2013

Currently I'm running a Toshiba 17 inch P200 1IR Equium, Intel Core Duo with 2GB ram - had it for 6 years now from new and it still suits me perfectly. Only problem was when I spilled a cup of coffee on the keyboard (classic fail) which I renewed myself at a cost of £30 or so. Build quality is superb and it has a full size, soft-touch, good visibility (black on grey) keyboard which is easy and quiet to type on. So... what is your favourite "bullet proof" computer, and why?

Steve K.
... See more
Currently I'm running a Toshiba 17 inch P200 1IR Equium, Intel Core Duo with 2GB ram - had it for 6 years now from new and it still suits me perfectly. Only problem was when I spilled a cup of coffee on the keyboard (classic fail) which I renewed myself at a cost of £30 or so. Build quality is superb and it has a full size, soft-touch, good visibility (black on grey) keyboard which is easy and quiet to type on. So... what is your favourite "bullet proof" computer, and why?

Steve K.

P.S.: Just an afterthought, but equally informative - what was the worst one you have ever owned?
(I'm thinking "Tiny" computers here, but that was "back in the day"....)

[Edited at 2013-01-16 15:08 GMT]
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 20:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yay, Toshiba! Jan 16, 2013

I swear by Toshiba laptops ever since I was gifted a 2nd hand one by a client donkeys ago. I've since bought two and have no complaints whasoever.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Couldn't kill it with a stick.. your favourite computer?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »