https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/231281-need_help_with_ahk_scripts-page3.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Need help with AHK scripts
Thread poster: Chunyi Chen
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:29
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Chun-yi: Aug 24, 2012

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

Hi Michael,

Is the reason for you to make shortcuts of your AHK scripts for easy access to them when you need to modify them? Placing them in startup folder sounds even more efficient. I will give it a try later.
Thanks for the tip.

The reason I use shortcuts is so I can keep everything inside my Dropbox folder. I keep everything of importance (i.e., that needs to be permanently backed-up online) somewhere inside my Dropbox folder. To do so, I use either shortcuts, symbolic links (using Dropbox Folder Sync), or junction points (with Junction Link Magic).

Michael

[Edited at 2012-08-24 17:53 GMT]

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 08:29
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
You must have a paid version of Dropbox then Aug 24, 2012

I also use Dropbox, but due to limited storage space (around 5GB) I only save the data that I need to access from different computers.
I saved my AHK script in Dropbox but then moved it to a local drive. It turns out that one computer is 64 bit and the other is 32, so I needed to change the path of Babylon for each computer so that it's mapped to the right location.
Thank you for your information!

Chun-yi

Michael Beijer wrote:

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

Hi Michael,

Is the reason for you to make shortcuts of your AHK scripts for easy access to them when you need to modify them? Placing them in startup folder sounds even more efficient. I will give it a try later.
Thanks for the tip.

The reason I use shortcuts is so I can keep everything inside my Dropbox folder. I keep everything of importance (i.e., that needs to be permanently backed-up online) somewhere inside my Dropbox folder. To do so, I use either shortcuts, symbolic links (using Dropbox Folder Sync), or junction points (with Junction Link Magic).

Michael

[Edited at 2012-08-24 17:53 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
Finnish to French
It's your choice Aug 24, 2012

Michael Beijer wrote:
Never notify. I don't like to be bothered while I work;)

That's why you are able to start your AHK scripts via the Startup folder. This also means malicious programs could install themselves and do evil things without you noticing. UAC in Windows 7 is less intrusive than it was in Vista. I don't think it's a good idea to disable it.

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
I am sure Michael knows what he is doing:) Aug 24, 2012

As tempting as it sounds, I decided to leave the UAC setting in system default just to be on the safe side. I am sure Michael knows well enough to change that default setting in Windows 7:)

Chun-yi

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:
Never notify. I don't like to be bothered while I work;)

That's why you are able to start your AHK scripts via the Startup folder. This also means malicious programs could install themselves and do evil things without you noticing. UAC in Windows 7 is less intrusive than it was in Vista. I don't think it's a good idea to disable it.

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
AHK for calling for Babylon not working properly after a while Aug 24, 2012

Hi Dominique or Michael or anyone who is reading this,

I copied and pasted the ahk codes from the Yahoo MemoQ site for enabling Babylon in MemoQ. They first worked fine, but now when I highlight a word and use Win+B keys, the highlighted word doesn't appear in Babylon's search box. Instead a "dot" is displayed in the box, even though the word can be found in Babylon using manual search. I have no idea why the codes were working but now aren't. Here are what they look like:
... See more

I copied and pasted the ahk codes from the Yahoo MemoQ site for enabling Babylon in MemoQ. They first worked fine, but now when I highlight a word and use Win+B keys, the highlighted word doesn't appear in Babylon's search box. Instead a "dot" is displayed in the box, even though the word can be found in Babylon using manual search. I have no idea why the codes were working but now aren't. Here are what they look like:

#b::
Send ^c
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
IfWinExist, Babylon
{
WinActivate, Babylon
WinWaitActive, Babylon
Send {F10}
WinActivate, Babylon
WinWaitActive, Babylon
Send !l^v{enter}
return
}
else
{
Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Babylon.exe"
WinActivate, Babylon
Send {F10}
WinActivate, Babylon
WinWaitActive, Babylon
Send !l^v{enter}
return
}

Is there anything I can modify so that the text I hightlight in MemoQ would appear in BBL's search box when using "Win+B" keys?
Thank you again for your enlightenment.

PS. Everything else (the keyboard combos for special Chinese punctuations) is working fine.

Chun-yi

[Edited at 2012-08-24 22:34 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
Finnish to French
Upgrade to 1.1.08.01, ask on the memoQ list Aug 25, 2012

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

You may want to download and install the latest version (1.1.08.01), available at:

http://l.autohotkey.net/

The change log is quite long and there's at least one bug related to SendInput that was fixed since the November 2011 version I pointed you to:

Fixed SendInput to automatically release modifier keys when sending special characters or {U+xxxx} (which was broken by v1.1.00.01).

Other than that, I'm afraid the only thing that comes to mind is asking on the memoQ list, since this is where you found the script.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:29
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
AutoHotKey community forums Aug 25, 2012

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

(...)

Is there anything I can modify so that the text I hightlight in MemoQ would appear in BBL's search box when using "Win+B" keys?
Thank you again for your enlightenment.

PS. Everything else (the keyboard combos for special Chinese punctuations) is working fine.

Chun-yi

You might also want to ask at the (very active) AutoHotKey forum, which has 20,081 users! http://www.autohotkey.com/community/

Michael

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Any other online dictionary to use in MemoQ? Aug 25, 2012

Hi Dominique and Michael,

Thank you for your suggestions. After some more self study on AHK codes, I concluded (not entirely sure) that the script for enabling Babylon I got online should be fine, but my Babylon version is probably too old (7 I think).

So if I may ask, do you use either Golden Dictionary or Lingoes to look up words? I have these set up for EngChinese on my desktop. How can I write an AHK that would enable either one of them and perform highlighted
... See more
Hi Dominique and Michael,

Thank you for your suggestions. After some more self study on AHK codes, I concluded (not entirely sure) that the script for enabling Babylon I got online should be fine, but my Babylon version is probably too old (7 I think).

So if I may ask, do you use either Golden Dictionary or Lingoes to look up words? I have these set up for EngChinese on my desktop. How can I write an AHK that would enable either one of them and perform highlighted text lookup in MemoQ (or Studio, for that matter)?

Thank you for your help:)

Chun-yi

PS. I forgot to mention that I have had trouble posting on the Yahoo MemoQ forum recently. I haven't had a chance to dig deeper and find out what was going on. It all seemed to start with the new Windows updates. I never understand the way Windows 7 handles security settings.

[Edited at 2012-08-25 17:33 GMT]
Collapse

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved: GoldenDict was successfully added to Startup folder Aug 25, 2012

Hi!

Please disregard my previous post. I don't need another AHK script for GoldenDict after all. Following the tip offered in Michael's earlier posts, I added this program to the Startup folder and now GoldenDict is enabled when I turn on the computer. The default shortcut to look up highlighted words using GoldenDict in MemoQ is Ctrl+C+C.
Thank you all for your help and input.

Chun-yi

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help with AHK scripts

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »