Thread poster: GiovannaHI
GiovannaHI
GiovannaHI
United States
Local time: 23:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 7, 2012

Hello, I recently received a file that I downloaded as a word document. Only when I open it, I cannot read it.

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:45
Polish to English
+ ...
Format? Aug 7, 2012

Please read the instruction for this subforum:
When posting about a CAT tool or other software program, include the product name, version, your operating system, and any other relevant details will avoid confusion and allow you to get or give better assistance.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:45
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
So what? Aug 8, 2012

I see no issue/question to discuss. Please, formulate your problem. If posting in English is problematic, go to a forum using a language you’re comfortable with.

Generally, it’s always good to learn asking smart questions.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:45
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Install 7-zip Aug 8, 2012

GiovannaHI wrote:
Hello, I recently received a [zip] file that I downloaded as a word document. Only when I open it, I cannot read it.

Install 7-Zip, then right-click the file and select 7-Zip > Open (or run 7-zip and drag/drop the file into 7-Zip). The 7-Zip will open zip files even if they have non-zip file extensions. Do that, and then tell us what types of files are inside the file (that will give us a clue about what kind of a file it is).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compressed & ZIP Files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »