Evelien Snel
Evelien Snel  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:40
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 29, 2012

Dear colleagues,

a client would like me to translate courseware that is created in Mediator (version 8).
Does anyone have experience with this?
Is there any way to extract the text parts of a course and to import translations back in?
The internal format Mediator uses looks like a binary soup to me.
The way it looks now I would have to simply re-create the whole course in the target language.

Best regards,
Evelien

Frank van Thienen (X)
Frank van Thienen (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:40
Dutch to English
ask client Jun 29, 2012

Without installing the software, doing anything with such a proprietary format is hopeless.
I'm not familiar with Mediator, and I can't see anything on their website with regard to importing any kind of word processing formats, but I'd ask the client if he can deliver the text in a format you can deal with.
HTH,
Frank

[Edited at 2012-06-29 15:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating courseware in Mediator

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »