https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/226151-problems_with_copy_paste.html

Problems with Copy-paste
Thread poster: Veroniki Velli
Veroniki Velli
Veroniki Velli  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:27
English to Greek
+ ...
Jun 1, 2012

Hello,

I am facing some problems with copy-paste.
In some cases it doesn't work!

I know it sounds strange but it's happening to me.

It works in MS Word
But for instance it doesn't work in TOM, a management tool that I use to organize my business.
Till now, it was perfectly working there.
To be completely precise, it doesn't always work.
What I mean is that I have an email in TOM (subject and body), I can perfectly copy and pas
... See more
Hello,

I am facing some problems with copy-paste.
In some cases it doesn't work!

I know it sounds strange but it's happening to me.

It works in MS Word
But for instance it doesn't work in TOM, a management tool that I use to organize my business.
Till now, it was perfectly working there.
To be completely precise, it doesn't always work.
What I mean is that I have an email in TOM (subject and body), I can perfectly copy and paste the body and not the subject.
And after a while, I can copy the subject and not the body.

The same with pdf files, there are some files in which the copy works fine (I can copy a sentence and paste it to a doc file) and some other files where I do a right click, select copy to clipboard but paste to a doc doesn't work!
Note: These files are not protected by any security and some days ago I could perfectly use copy in these same files

I know all these sound really strange but this is what I am facing

And the worst is in TagEditor
There, if I try to copy a tag from a source segment and paste it to the target, what I get is the whole tag "description" (br indentation="0" leftmargin=0 alignment=ppAlignRight spacewithin=1 spacebefore= 0" spaceafter="0" mask="0")
This is more or less what I am getting when I do paste of a tag. (I can not paste exactly what I am getting because Proz recognizes it as HTML and doesn't accept it)

Really I don't know what to do.
I don't know if all these are relevant to each other
If it's a Trados problem

??
Of course I did a restart, I run a Cleaner software...
Nothing

Any ideas?

Thanks

[Edited at 2012-06-01 10:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-01 10:22 GMT]
Collapse

Moofi
Moofi  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:27
Polish to English
+ ...
Interesting Problem! Jun 1, 2012

Hi. It seems that you're not alone with this problem. I think the first thing to ask is, which version of Windows do you use (assuming you use Windows). Copy/Paste problems are a well-known issue with some versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.

The other thing is, if you are using Windows, do you have problems with copy/paste in Notepad? You know, the small text editor under Accessories? Apparently, if you have pro
... See more
Hi. It seems that you're not alone with this problem. I think the first thing to ask is, which version of Windows do you use (assuming you use Windows). Copy/Paste problems are a well-known issue with some versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.

The other thing is, if you are using Windows, do you have problems with copy/paste in Notepad? You know, the small text editor under Accessories? Apparently, if you have problems with Notepad, it can indicate corrupted system files, which Windows can be told to easily fix.

Another thing is, what other programmes do you have running 'all the time'? I mean like, chat programmes, desktop widget programmes, or anything small and unobtrusive that you don't really use or think about, but is always there. Perhaps one of them could be interfering somehow.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Copy-paste

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »