Thread poster: Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:18
English to French
+ ...
Jan 18, 2012

A pop-up warns me asking if I want to stop a running script (mostly when I want to add an attachment to an e-mail or if I choose to delete history for security reasons after visiting my bank site).
I have to accept to stop the script before I can proceed with anything else.
I don't know what this script is. I had a little more info on today's message. It would seem to come from Chrome. and it indicated widget overlay js:591
All incomprehensible to me
I went to my programs
... See more
A pop-up warns me asking if I want to stop a running script (mostly when I want to add an attachment to an e-mail or if I choose to delete history for security reasons after visiting my bank site).
I have to accept to stop the script before I can proceed with anything else.
I don't know what this script is. I had a little more info on today's message. It would seem to come from Chrome. and it indicated widget overlay js:591
All incomprehensible to me
I went to my programs to delete google chrome but it was not there. (I think I deleted it before)

I don't remember the shortcut which would let me see which scripts or programs are running. Could this be a spy ware?

Any suggestions as to what I should do ?

Thank you
Ode

I run windows xp with Mozilla firefox
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Mozilla script Jan 18, 2012

Hi Odette,

No, this is not a spyware, I use Mozilla Thunderbird and also see something similar from time to time. However, this pops up rather rarely so I have never even tried to correct or change this. You may see more info here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Script_busy_or_stopped_responding

Otherwise, just perform a Google search for something like
... See more
Hi Odette,

No, this is not a spyware, I use Mozilla Thunderbird and also see something similar from time to time. However, this pops up rather rarely so I have never even tried to correct or change this. You may see more info here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Script_busy_or_stopped_responding

Otherwise, just perform a Google search for something like Mozilla email script and look for a solution corresponding to the software you use.

Natalia
Collapse

Odette Grille (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Natalie, Jan 23, 2012

Natalie wrote:

Hi Odette,

Otherwise, just perform a Google search for something like Mozilla email script and look for a solution corresponding to the software you use.

Natalia

Odette Grille (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Natalie Jan 23, 2012

Natalie wrote:

Hi Odette,

Natalia

With Thunderbird, this pops up when I want to add an attachment and you are right, not always, so I was ignoring it up to now. But it also happens when I want to clean my memory ("delete recent history" under tools).
I'll keep searching and let you know if I come up with something.
Have a good day
O

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Script running in the background slows other functions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »