Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 08:38
Miembro 2004
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Jan 13, 2012

Hi All

Since this morning I´m having trouble opening the Firefox browser, i.e. it doesn´t work. I usually always use Firefox, but today it just won´t start.

I already restarted my computer several times, did a system restore, re-installed Firefox via IE, etc., but so far without success.

Does anyone else have problems with Firefox today as well, or if not, does anyone have a suggestion for me what the problem could be and how to possibly fix it?
... See more
Hi All

Since this morning I´m having trouble opening the Firefox browser, i.e. it doesn´t work. I usually always use Firefox, but today it just won´t start.

I already restarted my computer several times, did a system restore, re-installed Firefox via IE, etc., but so far without success.

Does anyone else have problems with Firefox today as well, or if not, does anyone have a suggestion for me what the problem could be and how to possibly fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Collapse

lidija68  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 09:38
italiano al serbio
+ ...
cancell cookies and chronology Jan 13, 2012

My firefox today works fine. I usually have problem when I install new version, but then I need to cancell cookies and chronology and then it works again.

- english is not my working language -

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 00:38
inglés al alemán
+ ...
In Memoriam
There might be an update waiting to be installed. Jan 13, 2012

Firefox sent out an a update yesterday and your computer system might suppress the notification, and the entire thing is hovering and idling around in your system. You might also want to tell your firewall and consorts.

Szabolcs Király  Identity Verified
Hungría
Local time: 09:38
portugués al húngaro
+ ...
I had the same problem Jan 13, 2012

...some days ago. If nothing helps, probably your profile got corrupted and it needs to be deleted.
This will delete EVERY info stored in the profile: bookmarks, settings, plugins. (Maybe these can be exported in safe mode? It wasn't important for me, so I didn't pay attention to it. http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode and See more
...some days ago. If nothing helps, probably your profile got corrupted and it needs to be deleted.
This will delete EVERY info stored in the profile: bookmarks, settings, plugins. (Maybe these can be exported in safe mode? It wasn't important for me, so I didn't pay attention to it. http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode and http://kb.mozillazine.org/Backing_up_and_restoring_bookmarks_-_Firefox)
So, this is the last resort but will definitively do the trick.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Managing-profiles
Collapse

Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 08:38
Miembro 2004
inglés al alemán
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
thanks Jan 13, 2012

for your suggestions and comments.

I couldn´t reply earlier as in the course of the day pretty much everything on my computer collapsed. Firefox was only the start of it this morning.

It seems like it was some sort of problem on the internet provider´s side. Or a combination of that and the Firefox update Nicole mentioned.

After 6 or 7 hours I was about to despair, and thought I had caught a virus on my computer, which luckily don´t seems to be the case.
... See more
for your suggestions and comments.

I couldn´t reply earlier as in the course of the day pretty much everything on my computer collapsed. Firefox was only the start of it this morning.

It seems like it was some sort of problem on the internet provider´s side. Or a combination of that and the Firefox update Nicole mentioned.

After 6 or 7 hours I was about to despair, and thought I had caught a virus on my computer, which luckily don´t seems to be the case.

Things are slowly returning to normal. Thanks for your help anyway.

I wish you all a nice relaxing weekend, with not too much work
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Firefox not working?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Búsqueda de términos
  • Trabajos
  • Foros
  • Multiple search