Thread poster: Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 22:11
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 1, 2011

I have just seen that some Kudoz questions were closed and I didn't receive notifications about them. I asked other members and they had such problems as well.

See more
I have just seen that some Kudoz questions were closed and I didn't receive notifications about them. I asked other members and they had such problems as well.

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/hungarian_to_english/medical:_cardiology/4602655-szívhangok_kellően_ékeltek.html

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/hungarian_to_english/medical_general/4602910-atelectásiás_kötegezettség.html

At the Kudoz below neither me, nor the other answerer received notifications:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/hungarian_to_english/construction_civil_engineering/4606408-vékonyfalú_csőbéleléses_technológia.html

Anybody else who doesn't receive notifications?

Regards,
Katalin

[Edited at 2011-12-01 10:52 GMT]
Collapse

Evans (X)
Evans (X)
Local time: 21:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
not received or delayed Dec 1, 2011

I find Proz notifications very patchy. Often they are delayed, and then I get a whole bunch at once. Like you, I find that quite often they never appear at all.

I tried to get to the bottom of this in the past, but nothing came of it. I tend not to bother with notifications any more, since so many of them arrive too late to be of any use to man or beast...

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And what about other mails then? Dec 1, 2011

Hi Gilla,

Thanks for your feedback. I wouldn't bother about such notifications, but what if this is the tip of the iceberg? What about job emails? As fas as I'm concerned delivering job related emails works same way.

Regards,
Katalin

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Happens to me too Dec 1, 2011

Hi Katalin,

I've had the same problem for a while (most of this year) - questions I've answered are closed and I don't receive notification, even if my answer is selected and I receive the Kudoz points.

It doesn't happen all the time, just sporadically, but it still happens.

[Edited at 2011-12-01 12:39 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-12-01 12:39 GMT]

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the feedback Dec 1, 2011

Hi Ivana,

Thanks for your feedback. It seems this is not an isolated issue. After this I'm wondering whether job related email deliveries are working properly via the site.

Regards,
Katalin

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
See my recent post on this Dec 1, 2011

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/211271-anyone_else_having_trouble_receiving_notifications.html

I had this problem recently. The problem was eventually solved by changing my email address, although as it turns it could probably have been solved by adjusting my Spam filter in Gmail. Someone su
... See more
http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/211271-anyone_else_having_trouble_receiving_notifications.html

I had this problem recently. The problem was eventually solved by changing my email address, although as it turns it could probably have been solved by adjusting my Spam filter in Gmail. Someone suggested that it would be a good idea to have a separate address just for ProZ and I agree it's an excellent idea. When I'm travelling and need to access work emails quickly I don't necessarily want to be downloading all my ProZ-related stuff.
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply, Lisa Dec 1, 2011

Thanks for the links. This is getting more interesting. I read those posts now, but it shouldn't matter what kind of email provider you are using. I mean if all people had the same email provider, it would be obvious that the problem lies in that specific email provider, but I doubt that everybody is using gmail who experienced email problems.
Plus I receive other emails normally. Also I never received those emails at all,
... See more
Thanks for the links. This is getting more interesting. I read those posts now, but it shouldn't matter what kind of email provider you are using. I mean if all people had the same email provider, it would be obvious that the problem lies in that specific email provider, but I doubt that everybody is using gmail who experienced email problems.
Plus I receive other emails normally. Also I never received those emails at all, they are not in my spam folder either....

I see that you were using gmail...
What about the rest of the people, who are experiencing the same email issues?
What kind of email provider are they using?

Regards,
Katalin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notifications are not received

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »