Thread poster: XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:51
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 6, 2011

Completely out of the blue it has stopped working. I tried removing it and re-installing it but can't seem to be able to. When I click on 'Download Now' nothing happens. I get that pop-up blocker yellow star with a red exclamation mark even when pressing Ctrl or disabling the pop-up blocker. This happens on both of my computers when attempting a download (although FP is still working on computer 2). Anyone have any ideas? Is it the Adobe site that's not working or is it me???

IvanKo
IvanKo  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Try using another browser Oct 6, 2011

Dear Lisa,
try using alternative web browser other than IE Windows standard browser. If u still will want to use IEm try to reinsatall FP by pressing "Allow to install the content" message by right-clicking your mouse when the blocking pop-up appears. But once again I really recommend to quit IE.

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Manage add-ons Oct 6, 2011

I had the same problem recently, after installing IE9.
Somehow it had become disabled in Add-ons and enabling it cured the problem.

XXXphxxx (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IE vs Chrome Oct 7, 2011

Ivan Korotkiy wrote:

Dear Lisa,
try using alternative web browser other than IE Windows standard browser. If u still will want to use IEm try to reinsatall FP by pressing "Allow to install the content" message by right-clicking your mouse when the blocking pop-up appears. But once again I really recommend to quit IE.

Thanks for your input Ivan. I installed Chrome as a way of working around this but since it comes with Flash Player you cannot download it from the Adobe site. Chrome seems fine but my main gripe with it at the moment is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to access my huge list of Favourites that I used with IE.

Ultimately I'd like to fix the Flash Player issue in IE. I've tried the right-click but 'Allow to install the content' doesn't pop up (???).

XXXphxxx (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure if it's there or not! Oct 7, 2011

Russell Jones wrote:

I had the same problem recently, after installing IE9.
Somehow it had become disabled in Add-ons and enabling it cured the problem.

Thanks for your input Russell.

One of the troubleshooting pieces of advice on the Adobe site was to uninstall Flash Player, which I did using their uninstaller. I re-booted, tried to download FP but I still couldn't do so. The other piece of advice on their site is to check the Add-ons, as you suggested, which I've done and 'Shockwave Flash Object' is there and enabled so now I'm confused whether it's been uninstalled or not. Fact is it still isn't working. I'm not sure if this is just an issue with Adobe's site. I wonder if someone out there could please check, click on 'Download Now' and see if the File Download window appears, you don't actually have to click on 'Run' but see if you can even get that far. Thanks!

IvanKo
IvanKo  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:51
English to Russian
+ ...
import bookmarks Oct 7, 2011

Lisa Simpson wrote:

Ivan Korotkiy wrote:

Dear Lisa,

Thanks for your input Ivan. I installed Chrome as a way of working around this but since it comes with Flash Player you cannot download it from the Adobe site. Chrome seems fine but my main gripe with it at the moment is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to access my huge list of Favourites that I used with IE.

Ultimately I'd like to fix the Flash Player issue in IE. I've tried the right-click but 'Allow to install the content' doesn't pop up (???).

Hi, Lisa.
In Chrome there is a feature of importing favourite bookmarks in the prefernces tab. You could try it and see if all your bookmarks will appear in Chrome. As for FP in IE , I think it will be difficult to cope with it - something just got crashed inside your IE. And when IE has been crashed nothing helps.

XXXphxxx (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IE hasn't crashed it's something else Oct 7, 2011

Ivan Korotkiy wrote:

As for FP in IE , I think it will be difficult to cope with it - something just got crashed inside your IE. And when IE has been crashed nothing helps.

Thanks Ivan. I've managed to import the Favourites to Chrome's Bookmarks but they're a mess and there seems no way of clicking to sort them by Type. Not to worry though.

As for IE, I find it unlikely that it's crashed on both of my PCs. On one Flash Player is still working, yet when I try to access the Download on Adobe's site it won't let me download it either. Strikes me this a problem with Adobe. Anyone else out there having a similar problem?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe Flash Player

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »