Thread poster: Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 23:15
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2011

Hi all,

I recently recieved an email from an agency who was interested in working with me and wanted me to send my CV. But I have been so busy that I have not anwsered any emails but urgent ones and now it seems to be gone. I delete my emails every now and again so thats probably how it happened but it is not i the deleted folder anymore. Is there a way I could recupreate it in hotmail?

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:15
English to French
+ ...
More details, please Mar 10, 2011

Knowing the mail client you use would be useful.

However, as a general rule, the message may still be on your mail server (ISP, GoogleMail, Yahoo Mail, whatever) if you use a mail client like Outlook or Eudora and it is set to not delete messages when you delete them in your client.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Try the server Mar 11, 2011

JL01 wrote: the message may still be on your mail server (ISP, GoogleMail, Yahoo Mail, whatever) if you use a mail client like Outlook or Eudora and it is set to not delete messages when you delete them in your client.

If you use GMAIL, enter the web interface and check "All (Messages)" folder.

Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
windowslive Mar 11, 2011

I do not any email client jus the web based feature. I am using windows live and deleted the email there.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:15
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use a client application Mar 11, 2011

Not only (in my opinion of course) a Hotmail account makes you look less professional (you should probably consider having your own domain name and email service), but it is clearly less functional than an email client sitting on your machine. Your situation today proves it.

Good luck!

Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tomás Mar 12, 2011

Yeah I guess you're right. However if someone would disregard a translator because of the e-mail adress then I guess they were not that interested in the first place...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost email

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »