Lost email
Autor de la hebra: Alexandra Lindqvist

Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 20:00
inglés al sueco
+ ...
Mar 10, 2011

Hi all,

I recently recieved an email from an agency who was interested in working with me and wanted me to send my CV. But I have been so busy that I have not anwsered any emails but urgent ones and now it seems to be gone. I delete my emails every now and again so thats probably how it happened but it is not i the deleted folder anymore. Is there a way I could recupreate it in hotmail?

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 13:00
inglés al francés
+ ...
More details, please Mar 10, 2011

Knowing the mail client you use would be useful.

However, as a general rule, the message may still be on your mail server (ISP, GoogleMail, Yahoo Mail, whatever) if you use a mail client like Outlook or Eudora and it is set to not delete messages when you delete them in your client.

Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ucrania
Miembro 2008
inglés al ruso
+ ...
Try the server Mar 11, 2011

JL01 wrote: the message may still be on your mail server (ISP, GoogleMail, Yahoo Mail, whatever) if you use a mail client like Outlook or Eudora and it is set to not delete messages when you delete them in your client.

If you use GMAIL, enter the web interface and check "All (Messages)" folder.

Alexandra Lindqvist
inglés al sueco
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
windowslive Mar 11, 2011

I do not any email client jus the web based feature. I am using windows live and deleted the email there.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 19:00
Miembro 2005
inglés al español
+ ...
Use a client application Mar 11, 2011

Not only (in my opinion of course) a Hotmail account makes you look less professional (you should probably consider having your own domain name and email service), but it is clearly less functional than an email client sitting on your machine. Your situation today proves it.

Good luck!

Alexandra Lindqvist
inglés al sueco
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Tomás Mar 12, 2011

Yeah I guess you're right. However if someone would disregard a translator because of the e-mail adress then I guess they were not that interested in the first place...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost email

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2021 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2021 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2021 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2021
One central location to store and manage multilingual terminology.

By providing access to all those involved in applying terminology (such as engineers, marketers, translators, and terminologists), our terminology management solution ensures consistent and high-quality content from source through to translation.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Búsqueda de términos
  • Trabajos
  • Foros
  • Multiple search