https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/188267-present_day_use_of_scusi_technology.html

Present-day Use of SCUSI-technology ?
Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:08
Flemish to English
+ ...
Dec 25, 2010

Busy taking apart some old PCs. A decade ago, my brother, who was a scusi-phanatic, bought a lot of (expensive) scusi-cards like the AHA2940/294OU and a couple of Scusi-plextor DVDs. In PC-terms, a decade is an eternity. However, googling for the cards, they still have a market-value.
Are such scusi-cards still useful if I want to buy pieces in order to assemble a present-day pc?
If so, how would you use them and where can you buy on-line)the DVDrs/BlueRay or HDs for them?

David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do you mean SCSI? Dec 25, 2010

That would be the Small Computer System Interface (SCSI is pronounced "scuzzy"), it was very popular when it was used on the Mac, but it has virtually disappeared from consumer PCs, though I think it's still used on server systems. Search for SCSI interface and you will find lots of information.

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:08
Flemish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes. Dec 26, 2010

I meant SCSI. As I wrote in my original posting, at the time my brother was a SCSI-phanatic and bought about 10 cards which at the time were not cheap.
They were meant to give more boost to PlextorReaders/Rewriters, which have degraded in value too.
Is there any way I can use these cards with present-day PC-hardware or are those SCSI-hardwares like Plexrewriters or no longer available on the market or are there Plex-Blue-rays available? I don't find any in their catalogue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Present-day Use of SCUSI-technology ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »