Thread poster: Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 10:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2010

Has anyone else been experiencing un-requested logging out? This has just happened to me twice, v frustrating the first time having just written a long answer to someone's translation post with lots of refs etc...

No cut-out with internet connection, so it's not that.

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:45
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
A mystery Oct 3, 2010

Yes, I also have experienced the same thing, except that I wasn't writing a long answer to someone's post. I was logged in till the day before, and the next morning when I woke up and accessed Proz, I was automatically logged out. And I swear that I didn't log out the night before, since I always keep myself logged in. Maybe Proz's system is built that way, like any other website, like Yahoo mail. Even if you access Yahoo mail everyday and have your user ID and your password remembered, after a ... See more
Yes, I also have experienced the same thing, except that I wasn't writing a long answer to someone's post. I was logged in till the day before, and the next morning when I woke up and accessed Proz, I was automatically logged out. And I swear that I didn't log out the night before, since I always keep myself logged in. Maybe Proz's system is built that way, like any other website, like Yahoo mail. Even if you access Yahoo mail everyday and have your user ID and your password remembered, after a few weeks, they ask you for your password to log in just to make sure that the same person who owns the account is accessing.Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 11:45
English to Arabic
+ ...
Security & session policy Oct 3, 2010

AFAIK, this is related to security issues and web server session configurations that differs from web service to another.

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Disconnection Oct 3, 2010

The only times I become disconnected from Proz normally are when someone uses a computer at work (I'm connected on all of them) and cleans it, thus logging me out. Otherwise, I can never remember becoming disconnected except on those occasions.

[Edited at 2010-10-03 15:03 GMT]

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Logged out again Oct 5, 2010

Just returned to my desk to find myself logged out again. This computer is used exclusively by me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Logged out

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »