Thread poster: Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:35
German to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2010

I use Windows XP and Eudora as an e-mail program. Dragon Naturally Speaking has not beeen working well and so I defragmented my hard disk. Yesterday my IE browser started dropping out and it even crashed when I was using a site. Somehow, I saw a message indicating my "Attach" folder was full, with 1.6 GB of files in it (dating back to 2005). I access it by opening an attachment and starting to save it in the "Attach" folder. That's the only way I know to open it. Then I can delete the files, bu... See more
I use Windows XP and Eudora as an e-mail program. Dragon Naturally Speaking has not beeen working well and so I defragmented my hard disk. Yesterday my IE browser started dropping out and it even crashed when I was using a site. Somehow, I saw a message indicating my "Attach" folder was full, with 1.6 GB of files in it (dating back to 2005). I access it by opening an attachment and starting to save it in the "Attach" folder. That's the only way I know to open it. Then I can delete the files, but only one at a time (using CTRL doesn't work). Does anyone know how I can delete them in batches (otherwise it is going to take me to around January 2016 - conservative estimate)?Collapse

Karletto
Karletto
English to Slovenian
+ ...
try this Jul 27, 2010

how do you select a range of files?

1. hold down the SHIFT button and then click the first file.

2. Then scroll down to the last file you want to select with the SHIFT button still down. Now you’ve selected everything in between as well. Simple. Again, you can cut/copy to whereever you want.

hope it helps

Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:35
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to "scroll down" in this case. Jul 27, 2010

I have done what you said but scrolling down just takes the top file down - the others are not highlighted. What do you yourself do to scroll down (I was using the mouse or the "down" arrow key)? I can still only delete the top file . "Cut" does not appear as an option when I click the right mouse-button.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delete multiple files from Attach folder

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »