https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/175244-announcing_perl_module_filettx.html

Announcing Perl module File::TTX
Thread poster: Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:57
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2010

I know it's considered somewhat passé to use TTX nowadays, but if you're like me and still like TagEditor 2007, yet would really like to be able to use Perl to build and/or transform your TTX files, extract data, and what have you ... then I've finally managed to upload some code to CPAN to do that kind of thing.

This is actually the fourth time I found myself writing this code; this time I bit the bullet, cleaned it up and wrote some unit tests, and set it free. Now next time I w
... See more
I know it's considered somewhat passé to use TTX nowadays, but if you're like me and still like TagEditor 2007, yet would really like to be able to use Perl to build and/or transform your TTX files, extract data, and what have you ... then I've finally managed to upload some code to CPAN to do that kind of thing.

This is actually the fourth time I found myself writing this code; this time I bit the bullet, cleaned it up and wrote some unit tests, and set it free. Now next time I won't have lost it before needing it for another job, eh?

The module is here and of course available under the Artistic License for whatever you want to do with it; if you find it useful, I'd like to hear from you.
Collapse

Paulo Amariz
Paulo Amariz  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Doubts on using the module Jan 7, 2011

Hello Michael,

First of all, congratulations for this module! I loved it!

I am only having problems to use it to replace some translated text.

My intention is, for example:

change this:
the car is blue
xyzk

to this:
the car is blue
XYaa

I mean, changing only the target portion.

I know very well the replacing functions of perl.

I just need to know how to access the "->
... See more
Hello Michael,

First of all, congratulations for this module! I loved it!

I am only having problems to use it to replace some translated text.

My intention is, for example:

change this:
the car is blue
xyzk

to this:
the car is blue
XYaa

I mean, changing only the target portion.

I know very well the replacing functions of perl.

I just need to know how to access the "->translated" elements and generate them in a new file.

Could you please provide an example?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Paulo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing Perl module File::TTX

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »