https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/173578-microsoft_helium_lookup_crashes_on_windows_vista.html

Microsoft Helium Lookup crashes on Windows Vista
Thread poster: Annie Ullah
Annie Ullah
Annie Ullah
Local time: 09:23
Jun 17, 2010

I installed MS Helium version 6 on my Windows Vista PC where Trados 7 and LocStudio 6.11 were already installed. Whenever I try to add a TM under Tools - Options - Lookup in Helium, Helium crashes. I was advised to run Helium as an Administrator to avoid problems, but that doesn't help. Has anyone had the same problem and been able to solve it?

Arkady Vysotsky
Arkady Vysotsky  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:23
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
See this page Jun 18, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/139286-ms_helium_stops_working_when_adding_tm_under_vista.html

I did not encounter this specific problem but I can confirm that Helium has numerous compatibility problems with LocStudio 6.

Annie Ullah
Annie Ullah
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply Jun 18, 2010

Yes, it was written in the readme file that came with the Helium installation that Helium Lookup does not work with LocStudio 6.X, but when I installed Helium on an xp machine with LocStudio 6.11, it worked fine. So in my case, the problem seems to be related to Vista rather them LocStudio 6.11.

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Problems with installing LocStudio 6.11 on Win XP Aug 19, 2010

Hello,

When I try to install LocStudio 6.11 on my PC with Windows XP, I receive the error message that it cannot be installed, because ".NET Framework 2.0 or later must be installed first". However, on my PC .NET Framework versions 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 are already installed, so any one of them with the exception of version 1.0 should do the trick.
Trados/SDLX also require .NET Framework as far as I know and they installed/run fine.

Has anyone else had this
... See more
Hello,

When I try to install LocStudio 6.11 on my PC with Windows XP, I receive the error message that it cannot be installed, because ".NET Framework 2.0 or later must be installed first". However, on my PC .NET Framework versions 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 are already installed, so any one of them with the exception of version 1.0 should do the trick.
Trados/SDLX also require .NET Framework as far as I know and they installed/run fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you found out what needs to be done? I have tried to install it on 5 different computers that all have .NET Framework 2.0 or later and Windows XP installed, but it does not work anywhere. So this does not seem to be a machine-related problem.

Or might I be missing an installation file? The client sent me an archive with two files: LSEditor.msi and Data.Cab (but there is not exe file which makes me wonder).

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Tanja
Collapse

sampada nakhare
sampada nakhare
Local time: 12:53
English to Marathi
I too get the same error Mar 4, 2011

Hi,

I too get the same error about .net framework.

I think LocStudio refuses to install on any other drive than C drive, in multiboot enviornment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Helium Lookup crashes on Windows Vista

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »