how to filter mailid from group mails or mailing lists
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 02:38
English to German
+ ...
Nov 29, 2003

I have a basic trouble. In the last few months I have received somany circularmails ( in the list there were may be 200 addresses distributed throughout the world) I thought of putting up some kind of Database using access. whichever way I had tried to filter from this hotmail account, I went wrong, I get a complete webarchieve filtered. Can anyone help me with a hint. Thanks in advance.

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:38
Spanish to English
two options Nov 29, 2003

One you change your account, I have never had spam on yahoo, I don't know about other people's experiences, but I've had yahoo for about nine months now.
The other is program your hotmail account to only accept mail for people in your address book. It's not very useful that way, but it was the only solution I found, apart from going to yahoo

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
your hint - spam Nov 30, 2003

Lesley Clarke wrote:

One you change your account, I have never had spam on yahoo, I don't know about other people's experiences, but I've had yahoo for about nine months now.
The other is program your hotmail account to only accept mail for people in your address book. It's not very useful that way, but it was the only solution I found, apart from going to yahoo
Hi! The trouble is not the spam control, but to filter the mailids from a circular ( mail ) mailing list. I have other techniques for spam control. It so happened in the last few months, that I had recd. somany such cumulative - mails or circular type of mails or mailing lists from somany different countries, I am kind of trying to personalize these mailds, with a view to establish personal contact to the participants. Fact is also that I am currently working on my Webproject where I would much like to welcome all these people ( and all are translators)
But thanks for the hint.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Wrong forum... Nov 30, 2003

...I'm moving the thread to General Tech Support.

Dan Dascalescu
Dan Dascalescu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:38
Romanian to English
+ ...
Perl job! Dec 1, 2003

brandis wrote:

Hi! The trouble is not the spam control, but to filter the mailids from a circular ( mail ) mailing list. I have other techniques for spam control. It so happened in the last few months, that I had recd. somany such cumulative - mails or circular type of mails or mailing lists from somany different countries, I am kind of trying to personalize these mailds, with a view to establish personal contact to the participants. Fact is also that I am currently working on my Webproject where I would much like to welcome all these people ( and all are translators)
But thanks for the hint.

Brandis, can you describe your problem in some detail? An example would greatly help.

I've developed quite a few mail utilities using Perl, and your problem might have a pretty simple solution, but I can't pronounce yet.

A nice example of a mail utility I wrote in Perl is a script that eliminates banners and ads (such as "Do You Yahoo?!") from incoming mail. It stays between your e-mail client and the POP3 server (or Web2pop if you want to download your mail from Yahoo, Hotmail or other web-based mail providers) and filters out whatever you want (it's easily extendable).

The program is free for personal use and can be found at http://proxmail.notlong.com

Regards,
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to filter mailid from group mails or mailing lists

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »