Thread poster: Raquel Iglesias
Raquel Iglesias
Raquel Iglesias  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2003

This is a very basic question from a Trados rookie. Instead of the blue source and yellow target fields, I get this in front of the segment to translate -{}-, and nowhere to translate it. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I've created a tm and have workbench running. Thanks for your help.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Curly brackets syndrome Nov 18, 2003

Hi Raquel,
Search the TW_users archives for "curly brackets"; you'll find quite a few entries.

The problem is often a corrupt termbase - try deactivating term recognition. If the problem no longer occurs, export and recreate your termbase. (Sometimes just re-creating the fuzzy index does the trick...)

I'm moving this to CAT Tool Tech Support...
... See more
Hi Raquel,
Search the TW_users archives for "curly brackets"; you'll find quite a few entries.

The problem is often a corrupt termbase - try deactivating term recognition. If the problem no longer occurs, export and recreate your termbase. (Sometimes just re-creating the fuzzy index does the trick...)

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Raquel Iglesias
Raquel Iglesias  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! I deactivated term recognition and they're back. Nov 18, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Raquel,

HTH, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Problem not yet solved... Nov 18, 2003

Just to be on the safe side: you do realise that this was only the diagnostics part... I guess you will want to use term recognition again.

The first thing to try is whether simply re-creating the fuzzy index (use Ctrl-Z) provides a remedy. If that doesn't help, carry out a full export of your termbase (a prefab export definition is available in the TT folder of your Trados installation folders (the file is called backup.mdx). Create a new termbase and re-import
... See more
Just to be on the safe side: you do realise that this was only the diagnostics part... I guess you will want to use term recognition again.

The first thing to try is whether simply re-creating the fuzzy index (use Ctrl-Z) provides a remedy. If that doesn't help, carry out a full export of your termbase (a prefab export definition is available in the TT folder of your Trados installation folders (the file is called backup.mdx). Create a new termbase and re-import all entries.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Trados 6 and Office 2003 Nov 22, 2003

wenn I start Word appears error 5
Has someone the same problem as me?

Thks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.0 - blue source and yellow target fields

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »