Michael Bastin
Michael Bastin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:00
English to French
+ ...
Nov 17, 2003

Hi,

I am new to DV X, though I have been using Trados and Wordfast for a couple of years.

I am learning fast, but can't seem to lose my Trados logic, anyways...

I received a .dvprj file containing 2 directories with Word files (about 70 of them in each directory). I started to translate the first batch, while a colleague of mine will dedicate herself to the second batch. So I sent her this .dvprj file. Now, I will have to send a single file to the customer
... See more
Hi,

I am new to DV X, though I have been using Trados and Wordfast for a couple of years.

I am learning fast, but can't seem to lose my Trados logic, anyways...

I received a .dvprj file containing 2 directories with Word files (about 70 of them in each directory). I started to translate the first batch, while a colleague of mine will dedicate herself to the second batch. So I sent her this .dvprj file. Now, I will have to send a single file to the customer containing my translations and my colleague's, how do I go about doing that? I tried the export function, trying to export a directory for my colleague, but DV X keeps telling me that some codes are missing. Since I have lots of files, I stopped clicking...

I am not sure if anybody can help, but any advise highly welcome. I just registered to DV yahoo groups, but my subscription is still pending, and my issue is rather urgent.

Thanks

[Edited at 2003-11-18 02:51]
Collapse

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Missing Code Nov 18, 2003

DVX places inserts codes into the source text. These codes have to appear in the target text as well, otherwise DVX will refuse to export the text. All the segments your colleague has been translating are empty in your project file, which also means a lot of missing codes. That's why DVX keeps complaining. One way around this would be the F5 key (copying source to target).

However, exporting is not going to help you. Ask your colleague to send you the translation memory and use thi
... See more
DVX places inserts codes into the source text. These codes have to appear in the target text as well, otherwise DVX will refuse to export the text. All the segments your colleague has been translating are empty in your project file, which also means a lot of missing codes. That's why DVX keeps complaining. One way around this would be the F5 key (copying source to target).

However, exporting is not going to help you. Ask your colleague to send you the translation memory and use this translation memory to auto-translate the empty segments in your project file (using the setting "accept only exact matches). This should be the easiest way.

[Edited at 2003-11-18 05:23]
Collapse

Antje Schadebrodt
Antje Schadebrodt  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
I had this problem before Nov 18, 2003

Hi Michael,

Michael Bastin wrote:

I tried the export function, trying to export a directory for my colleague, but DV X keeps telling me that some codes are missing. Since I have lots of files, I stopped clicking...

[Edited at 2003-11-18 02:51]

I have just seen Klaus' answer. He is right you need to have all segments filled in.

But if it still does not work try the following:

In the file navigator open the whole project. Go to the first segment of the project. Then in menu Translation click on "Check embedded Codes" or use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F8. Now all embedded codes of the project will be checked. If the programm stops in a segment there is something wrong. Use Ctrl+F8 to fix the codes and continue with Ctrl+Shift+F8 to check for further wrong codes.

I hope this will help.

Best regards,
Antje

[Edited at 2003-11-18 05:44]

Joeri Van Liefferinge
Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Send her project to MDB and pretranslate yours Nov 18, 2003

After you have edited her part, send it to your MDB (or a separate MDB created for this purpose). After that, pretranslate the part she did in you project and you should get exact matches for every sentence in her part.

HTH

Joeri

Michael Bastin
Spain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is there a way to merge memories in DV X Nov 18, 2003

Hi,

Is there a way I could merge her TM with mine, so when she is done, I just merge the two and launch Pretranslate based on the translation memory?

Joeri Van Liefferinge
Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Yep Nov 18, 2003

Michael Bastin wrote:

Is there a way I could merge her TM with mine

Yes, there is, simply export her MDB (File>export) in the format of your choice, using as a filter: PrjID=[project number], where you replace [project number] with the unique project number you will find in the properties window of her project.
After the export, simply import that file into your MDB.

HTH

Joeri

[Edited at 2003-11-18 16:30]

Michael Bastin
Spain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I dont have such an option Nov 18, 2003

In DVX, when I go to File>Export I have the following options:

Project
Files (via Files Explorer)
---
External view
---
Pack & Go
---
Lexicon

but nothing about the TM, what is the mdb you are refering to ? File extension of the TM is .dvmdb

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Déjà Vu X help

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »