Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Searching alternatives to Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express (Office 97)
Thread poster: Barbara Cashin (X)
Nicolette Ri (X)
Nicolette Ri (X)
Local time: 02:57
French to Dutch
+ ...
Pegasus Mail Nov 12, 2003

Is working absolutely fine. In addition it takes two or more mailboxes at the same time, whereas Outlook has to change continually between users.

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Freeware is not OPEN SOURCE Nov 12, 2003

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Still, I wouldn't choose a completely freeware, as they normally go with spyware...

Giuliana

That may be the case with certain freeware. However, Mozilla or any other open source software should not be mixed up with freeware.

As a matter of fact, open source will usually offer the same or even better features while it maintains high security standards.

Regards,

Sonja

Barbara Cashin (X)
Barbara Cashin (X)
Local time: 01:57
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Phew! Nov 12, 2003

Just logged on to see all these replies.

It will take a little while to work through them and then digest and evaluate the answers.

The idea that the program itself may not be the source of the problem has been a sneaking suspicion for some time. I have a little leisure just now to go and do something about it, but I am really shying away from a reinstall - all my macros and autotext entries will be lost !!

Anyhow - thanks to everyone for your input.
... See more
Just logged on to see all these replies.

It will take a little while to work through them and then digest and evaluate the answers.

The idea that the program itself may not be the source of the problem has been a sneaking suspicion for some time. I have a little leisure just now to go and do something about it, but I am really shying away from a reinstall - all my macros and autotext entries will be lost !!

Anyhow - thanks to everyone for your input.

Regards
Barbara
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:57
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Freeware and Open Source Nov 12, 2003

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:
That may be the case with certain freeware. However, Mozilla or any other open source software should not be mixed up with freeware.

Hi Sonja,

As a matter of fact I wrote *freeware* and not *open source*

Giuliana

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Backup your files before reinstalling the OS Nov 12, 2003

Barbara Cashin wrote:

Not necessarily - you should backup your files. Macros and autotext entries are saved in normal.dot file.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching alternatives to Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express (Office 97)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »