Thread poster: Norbert Hermann
Norbert Hermann
Norbert Hermann  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
English to German
+ ...
Nov 8, 2003

Call to all Ghost busters!

I am running Windows XP and when after completing the translation of a file with Trados I tried to locate this file in the job folder within the main project folder. The job folder was not visible in the browse window of Trados, in fact it was not even visible in Windows explorer.

I had to navigate to the folder via the desktop. In Trados I was only able to see the job folder with the file I wanted to clean after I dragged it to the desktop.<
... See more
Call to all Ghost busters!

I am running Windows XP and when after completing the translation of a file with Trados I tried to locate this file in the job folder within the main project folder. The job folder was not visible in the browse window of Trados, in fact it was not even visible in Windows explorer.

I had to navigate to the folder via the desktop. In Trados I was only able to see the job folder with the file I wanted to clean after I dragged it to the desktop.

I did check the “show hidden files” option in the View menu.

It seems the whole spook lasted only briefly as this folder is no longer obscured.

Still, I am rather curious and was wondering what could be the cause of it. I have the feeling it could have something to do with the original files I have received from the client. During this project I had other problems when trying to clean the Trados tags of some files and it might be some type of coding error in this files (they are heavily laid out).

So, if there are any ghost busters out there I would be pleased to hear from you.

Cheers

Norbert (Hermann)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Folder/files not visible in browse window

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »