Thread poster: Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:33
English to French
+ ...
Sep 23, 2003

The old story : the customer has sent me a TM and he wants me to respect the terminolgy contained in it. OK. But I have only the old Trados freelance edition 3.0 and they have 5.0, I think. I want to upgrade but due to late payments of most of my customers, I am waiting...

I know that people who have a higher version can make something???? to make the TM compatible for freelance 3.0.

If you can help me, please contact me
... See more
The old story : the customer has sent me a TM and he wants me to respect the terminolgy contained in it. OK. But I have only the old Trados freelance edition 3.0 and they have 5.0, I think. I want to upgrade but due to late payments of most of my customers, I am waiting...

I know that people who have a higher version can make something???? to make the TM compatible for freelance 3.0.

If you can help me, please contact me at [email protected]

I will send the TM to you and you will save me because the assignment is due tomorrow at 10.

Thanks
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:33
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Ask for the exported file Sep 23, 2003

Martine Etienne wrote:

If you can help me, please contact me at [email protected]

I will send the TM to you and you will save me because the assignment is due tomorrow at 10.

Thanks

Hi Martine,
solving compatibility problems between different Trados versions is very simple.

You could work with this TM if you had the file created exporting the TM, rather than the complete set of TM files created with a more recent version.

Ask the customer to send you the TXT file created exporting their TM, you will be able to import it in your Trados 3.0 and start working.

Alternatively (or if you have no time to contact the customer) you could send the memory as it is to a translator equipped with a version 5.0 or 5.5 or 6.0.
He/she will be able to open, export and send back to you the exported file.

I hope this is very clear, or ask if you need more detail about the operation described.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2003-09-23 18:18]

Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS A BILLION TO ALL OF YOU Sep 23, 2003

PROZ IS A WONDERFULL COMMUNITY

thank you so much.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Export in TXT format Sep 23, 2003

What you need is a simple export of the customer TM in the text format. Then you will be able to import it to your Trados version.
The only problem is, that you need either someone who has set the same language pair as you, if he is using Trados freelance (limited to only 5 languages), or someone with Trados LSP or Trados for agencies, because there is no limitation to language pairs.

Good luck
Jerzy
Unfortunately I do not have French as language in my Trados. To e
... See more
What you need is a simple export of the customer TM in the text format. Then you will be able to import it to your Trados version.
The only problem is, that you need either someone who has set the same language pair as you, if he is using Trados freelance (limited to only 5 languages), or someone with Trados LSP or Trados for agencies, because there is no limitation to language pairs.

Good luck
Jerzy
Unfortunately I do not have French as language in my Trados. To enable it I would need to reinstall the whole package...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help for a Trados memory version 5 in Trados 3

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »