Canada
Local time: 08:33
English to French
+ ...
:) Aug 14, 2009

Noe Tessmann wrote:

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Hello,

I would advise you to delete your firefox profile and then create a new one !

see: http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Delete_firefox_profile_28162758

for the details.

Cheers,

Moh

Hi Mohamed,

thanks for your advise, but it happens more or less with any browser. So I cannot say it's a real Firefox issue. If my last measures won't be successful gonna erase my Firefox profile.

Best regards

Noe

Actually I believe Zone alarm does that !

I also believe that you should update internet explorer and delete/create a new profile on Firefox.

Regards,

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:33
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Step by step approach Aug 15, 2009

Deleting Firefox's profile is really not necessary at the moment, especially without any proper backup of bookmarks, saved passwords, list of extensions, etc. otherwise it could cause more trouble than benefit.
I am encouraging a step by step approach. Currently all symptoms indicates towards Zonealarm as the root of the problem (I've encountered it before - and this why I asked from the start if Zonealarm is being used), and therefore I suggest to uninstall it and work without it for a ti
... See more
Deleting Firefox's profile is really not necessary at the moment, especially without any proper backup of bookmarks, saved passwords, list of extensions, etc. otherwise it could cause more trouble than benefit.
I am encouraging a step by step approach. Currently all symptoms indicates towards Zonealarm as the root of the problem (I've encountered it before - and this why I asked from the start if Zonealarm is being used), and therefore I suggest to uninstall it and work without it for a time period of 1-3 weeks. Then, if the problem would still persist we could try different and maybe more dramatic approaches.
Collapse

David Singer
David Singer
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:33
Swedish to English
Starting in Safe Mode did the trick Aug 17, 2009

Shai Nave wrote:

Hi David,
Have you tried loading FF in its safe mode?
Have you tried to clean all temporary internet files (cache)?
What version of FF are you using?
Did you notice those freezes on specific websites?

Edit: one more thing that I forgot. Did you install any new software, update, or hardware recently?

[Edited at 2009-08-13 18:29 GMT]

Thanks for the tip. Worked a treat!

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:33
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Extenstions Aug 17, 2009

Hi David,
In safe mode the browser is loaded without any extensions (in part to allow troubleshooting). The fact that it works fine in safe mode could probably mean that one (or more) of your extension is causing those freezes. To troubleshoot and isolate that (those) extensions you need to manually disable each one in order (one after the other), and work with the browser for a while until you'd notice that it has stopped freezing. When this happens, the last extension that you have disab
... See more
Hi David,
In safe mode the browser is loaded without any extensions (in part to allow troubleshooting). The fact that it works fine in safe mode could probably mean that one (or more) of your extension is causing those freezes. To troubleshoot and isolate that (those) extensions you need to manually disable each one in order (one after the other), and work with the browser for a while until you'd notice that it has stopped freezing. When this happens, the last extension that you have disabled is the cause for the problem. Also please note, that extensions are a nice idea but some of them might cause problems. So, try to make sure that you keep only the ones that you are really using, and remove others that might have sounded good to begin with, but you ended up not using.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Browser gets stuck need to restart Windows Vista

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »