Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:02
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2003

Hi,

I'm working on a document that contains fields. I thought I had translated all of the fields via File -> Properties and then translating the text in the Value field on the Custom tab.

However, when I update the fields in the document, some of them are still in the original language. All these fields have the field name DocVariable (the ones I've already translated were DocProperty).

Can anyone tell me how to get to the DocVariable fields so that I can e
... See more
Hi,

I'm working on a document that contains fields. I thought I had translated all of the fields via File -> Properties and then translating the text in the Value field on the Custom tab.

However, when I update the fields in the document, some of them are still in the original language. All these fields have the field name DocVariable (the ones I've already translated were DocProperty).

Can anyone tell me how to get to the DocVariable fields so that I can edit them? Or are they stored in a separate file somewhere as Word's help seems to indicate?

Thanks,

Joanne
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
just an idea Sep 16, 2003

I really don't know how to, but was thinking that maybe if you set to view all the symbols in the view options, it might show those hidden fields and codes...

Filip Látal
Filip Látal
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:02
English to Czech
+ ...
20 years have passed... Feb 10, 2023

and I'm still looking for a way to edit DocVariables in Trados

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Via a macro Feb 12, 2023

Filip Látal wrote:

and I'm still looking for a way to edit DocVariables in Trados

Create an additional document via a macro:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/export-docvariables-to-an-excel-spreadsheet/04b0e44f-91c4-47ce-a3d2-8d6f11f96089

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to edit DocVariable fields in Word?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »