Thread poster: GAK (X)
GAK (X)
GAK (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:43
English to German
+ ...
Sep 13, 2003

Dear colleagues,

I am busy creating my website with the help of the Proz creator and would like to have both an English and a German version of my site. I am nearly finished with the English one and I am wondering if someone could give me a hint how to create the German version with a link on the English one (e.g. "German version").
Do I have to create a new directory with all files in German and how do I set the link with the for the German site?

Thanks in advanc
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am busy creating my website with the help of the Proz creator and would like to have both an English and a German version of my site. I am nearly finished with the English one and I am wondering if someone could give me a hint how to create the German version with a link on the English one (e.g. "German version").
Do I have to create a new directory with all files in German and how do I set the link with the for the German site?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings
Anett Kiefer
Collapse

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:43
Italian to German
flag links Sep 13, 2003

hi Anett,
on my Proz profile page
http://www.proz.com/?sp=partprof&eid_s=20424
I put 3 flags which lead to presentation pages in 3 languages created on Your Proz.com Site. Feel free to copy the html and the flags!
But since on "Anett's Proz.com Site" there is only "This is your default page", maybe you mean a proper domain hosted by Proz.com?
in that case I could
... See more
hi Anett,
on my Proz profile page
http://www.proz.com/?sp=partprof&eid_s=20424
I put 3 flags which lead to presentation pages in 3 languages created on Your Proz.com Site. Feel free to copy the html and the flags!
But since on "Anett's Proz.com Site" there is only "This is your default page", maybe you mean a proper domain hosted by Proz.com?
in that case I couldn't help you.
ciao,
Martin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating an English and a German version in the website

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »