https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/139310-how_to_convert_html_documents_into_pdf.html

How to convert HTML documents into PDF?
Thread poster: Hilda Thompson
Jul 4, 2009

Hi guys, I need to convert HTML documents into PDF. How do I do it?

Thomas Ochiltree
Thomas Ochiltree  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
Latin to English
+ ...
Suggestion Jul 4, 2009

Type "Adobe 0.7" into Google. You will get amoong the sites suggested one offering a free download it. Once you have done that should get an adobe symbol on your toolbar. You open your and click on that symbol. Good luck.

Thomas Ochiltree
Latin to English
+ ...
Correction Jul 4, 2009

I meant 7.0, not 0.7.

Thomas Ochiltree
Latin to English
+ ...
More info Jul 4, 2009

Once you have the adobe 7.0 image on your desktop and/or a toolbar (after your download it should appear on one or both once you have downloaded, to convert a document click on it to open the program. One of the options of the Adobe toolbar will be "create PDF". Click on that. The dropdown that will appear will offer as an option "from file". Click on that and you will get a list of your files. Choose one (say "my document"). the document will appear. Then click on the appropriate button in th... See more
Once you have the adobe 7.0 image on your desktop and/or a toolbar (after your download it should appear on one or both once you have downloaded, to convert a document click on it to open the program. One of the options of the Adobe toolbar will be "create PDF". Click on that. The dropdown that will appear will offer as an option "from file". Click on that and you will get a list of your files. Choose one (say "my document"). the document will appear. Then click on the appropriate button in the Adobe toolbar.

Incidentally a use I find for PDF is for certain documents that when printed are too large -- i.e. each page rep[resents about a fifth of the document. If you convert these to PDF (when saved they often wind up in "my pictures", and then print as a PDF document, you can use the "size to page" option on the PDF print menu and they will print in normal size (i.e. the whole documentdocument fitting on a single page.

Good luck.
Collapse

Thomas Ochiltree
Latin to English
+ ...
Going the other way Jul 4, 2009

The beauty of Adobe 7.0 is that is can be used to convert PDF files into Word document, which can then be overwritten.

(a) click on Adobe symbole.
(b) on the Adobe click on "file"
(c) open the document you have selected from the file selected in this case and have already filed (e.g. in "my documents".
(d) on the Adobe toolbar click on "file" again
(e) click on "save as"
(f) select where you want to save (top box in bottom of screen that will appear)... See more
The beauty of Adobe 7.0 is that is can be used to convert PDF files into Word document, which can then be overwritten.

(a) click on Adobe symbole.
(b) on the Adobe click on "file"
(c) open the document you have selected from the file selected in this case and have already filed (e.g. in "my documents".
(d) on the Adobe toolbar click on "file" again
(e) click on "save as"
(f) select where you want to save (top box in bottom of screen that will appear)
(g) select "macrosoft word" from the lower of those two boxes.
(h) click on save. the document will have now been copied (without eliminating the original PDF document as a Word document in the file you selected.
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:50
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
You download freepdf from here Jul 4, 2009

http://freepdfxp.de/

It works with Vista as well.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:50
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
download PDF printer Jul 4, 2009

Google for "DoPDF". It is a free PDF converter.
All you need is to select files in "My Computer", right-click, select "Print", select "DoPDF Printer", and click "Yes". You will get PDF files in the same folder.

I should not have written it.
You should have googled a bit.

Added:

If you need it often, set DoPDF as a default printer. 'cause you cannont select printer in
... See more
Google for "DoPDF". It is a free PDF converter.
All you need is to select files in "My Computer", right-click, select "Print", select "DoPDF Printer", and click "Yes". You will get PDF files in the same folder.

I should not have written it.
You should have googled a bit.

Added:

If you need it often, set DoPDF as a default printer. 'cause you cannont select printer in pop-up menu.

[Редактировалось 2009-07-04 22:08 GMT]
Collapse

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:50
German to English
+ ...
pdfdownload Jul 5, 2009

There is a free add-on for Firefox, Flock, Chrome, Safari and IE:

http://www.pdfdownload.org

In Firefox, I simply click on File>Save Page As PDF... and it opens a new page in another tab saying to wait while the PDF is being created and then comes up with a file (the PDF) to download. I can't see a way of controlling page length though, so if it's a long HTML page it gets chopped up i
... See more
There is a free add-on for Firefox, Flock, Chrome, Safari and IE:

http://www.pdfdownload.org

In Firefox, I simply click on File>Save Page As PDF... and it opens a new page in another tab saying to wait while the PDF is being created and then comes up with a file (the PDF) to download. I can't see a way of controlling page length though, so if it's a long HTML page it gets chopped up into two or more PDF pages.

Haven't tried the desktop version which one can do for 14 days for free.
Collapse

Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 13:50
English to Greek
+ ...
DoPDF... Jul 5, 2009

...seems too good to be true! Thank you, Sergei!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert HTML documents into PDF?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »