Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:56
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2003

Hi everyone,

i am having some troubles at inserting some fonts needed in FrameMaker 7.0. I have tried copying & pasting them directly into the special Fonts subfile of the Adobe >FrameMaker directory but it won´t work.

The same phrase appears when trying to open the file: "xxx fonts not available". How can you just add the fonts into the software program?

Has anyone of you experienced this problem before?
Thank you in advance for your help!
... See more
Hi everyone,

i am having some troubles at inserting some fonts needed in FrameMaker 7.0. I have tried copying & pasting them directly into the special Fonts subfile of the Adobe >FrameMaker directory but it won´t work.

The same phrase appears when trying to open the file: "xxx fonts not available". How can you just add the fonts into the software program?

Has anyone of you experienced this problem before?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Maria
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is nothing like installing fonts in FrameMaker itself Sep 6, 2003

Fonts are allways installed through your opeating system - if you are using Windows. For MAC I am not sure, but the procedure should be similar. If you are using Adobe Type Manager, you cann install fonts with the help of this programm, but it is mostly used for Post Script fonts. The latest version of ATM, the ATM Deluxe 4.1 (for Windows) handels not only PS-fonts, but TrueType fonts (Windows fonts) too.

To install a font in Windows go to Steering Panel - Fonts and from the menu Fi
... See more
Fonts are allways installed through your opeating system - if you are using Windows. For MAC I am not sure, but the procedure should be similar. If you are using Adobe Type Manager, you cann install fonts with the help of this programm, but it is mostly used for Post Script fonts. The latest version of ATM, the ATM Deluxe 4.1 (for Windows) handels not only PS-fonts, but TrueType fonts (Windows fonts) too.

To install a font in Windows go to Steering Panel - Fonts and from the menu File select Install new font. Search the font you want to install on your hard disk or other media and then select it. In case of trouble refer to Windows help - it is a quite good source of information.
Using ATM it is similar, refer to the help of this software.

Using MAC - as far as I remember - you need to copy the font files to the system font suitcase (or it was at least so, as I worked my last time with a MAC...).

Copying any fonts to Framemaker directory won´t help, as Framemaker is not reading the fonts itself, but getting them from the OS (easily said).

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

Maria San Martin
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Sep 7, 2003

oh, thanks, Jerzy,

i will try that. I´ll tell you later on if i got to fix it!

thank you very much!!

Maria
Jerzy Czopik wrote:

To install a font in Windows go to Steering Panel - Fonts and from the menu File select Install new font. Search the font you want to install on your hard disk or other media and then select it. In case of trouble refer to Windows help - it is a quite good source of information.

Using MAC - as far as I remember - you need to copy the font files to the system font suitcase (or it was at least so, as I worked my last time with a MAC...).

Copying any fonts to Framemaker directory won´t help, as Framemaker is not reading the fonts itself, but getting them from the OS (easily said).

HTH
Jerzy

Maria San Martin
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Post-experiment Sep 7, 2003

Hi, Jerzy,

as you suggested, the operation turned out into a full success!
The thing is, i still need a specific font,
i was wondering if you had "Futura Bk BT"
available on your PC. If so, would you be so kind to send it to me via my Proz.com mail??

Thank you again,

Maria

Maria San Martin wrote:

oh, thanks, Jerzy,

i will try that. I´ll tell you later on if i got to fix it!

thank you very much!!

Maria
Jerzy Czopik wrote:

HTH
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing fonts in FrameMaker

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »