Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
Flemish to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2003

I keep getting unwanted emails with regard to topics posted on this forum. However, I did not mark "track topic" nor did I mark "track all topics". How do I turn off this feature?

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:03
English to German
Several methods Aug 31, 2003

1. Go to the Forums page:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&action=Overview

here, on the right-hand side, you should see combo boxes to the right of each forum, which can be toggled between "Topics", "Posts" and "Off". Set them to Off.

2. Go to the individual forum, and in the "Your Email Tracking" box (top right) uncheck "New topics" and "All posts" and
... See more
1. Go to the Forums page:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&action=Overview

here, on the right-hand side, you should see combo boxes to the right of each forum, which can be toggled between "Topics", "Posts" and "Off". Set them to Off.

2. Go to the individual forum, and in the "Your Email Tracking" box (top right) uncheck "New topics" and "All posts" and click "Update".

3. Go to the individual thread within a forum, and in the "Your Email Tracking" box (top right) uncheck "All posts" and click "Update".

I assume there is some overlap between these 3 settings, but as I don't know which overrides which (maybe ProZ staff could tell), I'd go through all 3 of them (for the topics/forums concerned) to make sure.

All this assumes, of course, that the settings work as they should...

Regards
Endre
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
Flemish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does not work Sep 1, 2003

Followed your advise: it is does not seem to work

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 08:03
SITE STAFF
Turned off your tracking for this forum Sep 1, 2003

Williamson,

I turned off your tracking of posts to this forum. In the future, you can do this yourself by going to the main page for the forum you are tracking (in this case, http://www.proz.com/forum/54 ), and editing "Your Email Tracking" options in the upper right of the page.

Hope this helps.

jg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to turn off the mail tracking feature

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »