AAAmedical
AAAmedical  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 08:02
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 26, 2003

Hello everybody,

I have just translated a Pagemaker file. No problems with that but the client wants me to deliver the file also as a pdf file. When I try this I get the following message "exporting a PDF file requires a PostScript Printer driver. Please install one".

Could anybody translate this into 'normal' English (or French, or Dutch,...)

Thanks for your help.

Ann

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
(Re)install Acrobat Distiller Aug 26, 2003

This message just means that something is wrong with the Distiller (or PDF Writer, or whatever). Postcript files are "intermediates" when PDFs are produced; they are converted to PDF format afterwards. The message you get means that you have no Postscript driver installed (or it is damaged); you can check the list of printers, if everything is installed properly then you should have Acrobat Distiller and Acrobat PDF Writer there.

Juan R. Migoya (X)
Juan R. Migoya (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Postscript Printer Aug 28, 2003

Yes, Natalie is Right.

But for Page Maker, try to install a Postscript Printer that matches one of the printer yoy have chosen to install in the Page Maker installation process. You will avoid a lot of headaches this way. You can install a new printer for Page Maker at any time.
Regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems exporting a Pagemaker file into PDF

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »