Is FletMail compatible with googlemail? (need help configuring)
Thread poster: Suzanne Smart (X)
Suzanne Smart (X)
Suzanne Smart (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:43
Italian to English
+ ...
May 21, 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to use FletMail for the first time and just wondering whether it is compatible with googlemail. Whenever I try to send emails using FletMail I get a box saying "connected to host 0%" but nothing else actually happens. I've been trying to send a mail to myself and a friend as a test but neither of us are receiving anything and FletMail is not giving any indication that my emails have actually been sent. I think it is something to do with the smtp or port setting so I've looke
... See more
Hi,
I'm trying to use FletMail for the first time and just wondering whether it is compatible with googlemail. Whenever I try to send emails using FletMail I get a box saying "connected to host 0%" but nothing else actually happens. I've been trying to send a mail to myself and a friend as a test but neither of us are receiving anything and FletMail is not giving any indication that my emails have actually been sent. I think it is something to do with the smtp or port setting so I've looked on googlemail (which is the email account I'm using) and used the settings they give but I still have the same problem. Is this is problem with googlemail or FletMail?! Thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-21 14:25 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-21 14:25 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Which version? May 21, 2009

Suzanne Smart wrote:
I'm trying to use FletMail for the first time and just wondering whether it is compatible with Googlemail.

Are you using 1.03 of 1.04?

Erm, you are aware that FletMail is no longer being developed, right?
http://web.archive.org/web/20070419174152/pancho.dk/fletmail/

When you say "compatible with Googlemail", do you mean you're trying to use Gmail's SMTP server? If so, then you should ask yourself if FletMail supports TLS and/or SSL for sending mail. If not, then you can't use Gmail's SMTP server.

Suzanne Smart (X)
Suzanne Smart (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:43
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, is there an alternative to fletmail? May 21, 2009

Hi,
Thanks very much for your help. I'm using version 1.04 and, yes, I mean that I am using the google SMPT.
I'm afraid I'm not very technical when I comes to these things so I don't even know what TLS or SSL is! But there doesn't appear to be an option for those in Fletmail so I guess that must be the problem. Maybe Fletmail is a bit out of date. Do you know if there is something similar out there for email merging that might work with googlemail? I looked at Pegasus mail as that ha
... See more
Hi,
Thanks very much for your help. I'm using version 1.04 and, yes, I mean that I am using the google SMPT.
I'm afraid I'm not very technical when I comes to these things so I don't even know what TLS or SSL is! But there doesn't appear to be an option for those in Fletmail so I guess that must be the problem. Maybe Fletmail is a bit out of date. Do you know if there is something similar out there for email merging that might work with googlemail? I looked at Pegasus mail as that has mail merge but it seems a lot more complicated than FletMail!
Thanks again.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is FletMail compatible with googlemail? (need help configuring)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »