United States
Local time: 16:06
German to English
+ ...
Aug 22, 2003

Here is a site, which I found very helpful:

sobig.f prevention and cure

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6600_16-5065487.html

Hope that this malicious code pestilence will soon stop, at least for a while.

Ursula

Roddy Stegemann
Roddy Stegemann
United States
Local time: 13:06
German to English
+ ...
Good list of anti-virus firms and organizations. Aug 23, 2003

It was good to learn that as an Apple user, I cannot be infected. Now, if only my Windows' friends would take out anti-viral insurance and purchase anti-viral software, so that my mailbox could finally be cleared of the spam their computers keep sending me.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:06
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Yeah, Aug 23, 2003

no doubt you’re right, Latvians have a proverb fully applicable to SobigF: "Don't worry, when bigger s%#t will come, you'll completely forget the current one..."
But if seriously- viruses and other malicious codes become only more widespread and sophisticated as time goes by, so the only solution is to have good antivirus, set it to hourly update and at least once a week to patch your Windows. All this nowadays is just nor
... See more
no doubt you’re right, Latvians have a proverb fully applicable to SobigF: "Don't worry, when bigger s%#t will come, you'll completely forget the current one..."
But if seriously- viruses and other malicious codes become only more widespread and sophisticated as time goes by, so the only solution is to have good antivirus, set it to hourly update and at least once a week to patch your Windows. All this nowadays is just normal computer hygiene, as is washing your hands before a meal...

Uldis

Ursula Peter-Czichi wrote:
Hope that this malicious code pestilence will soon stop, at least for a while.
Ursula
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concerned about the Sobig Virus?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »