Do you have any suggestions to replace google notebook? Google is not offering it anymore.
Thread poster: Rocio Barrientos
Rocio Barrientos
Rocio Barrientos  Identity Verified
Bolivia
Local time: 17:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 12, 2009

Hi,

Do you have any suggestions to replace google notebook?

Google is not offering it anymore!

Starting next week, we plan to stop active development on Google Notebook. This means we'll no longer be adding features or offer Notebook for new users. ...
googlenotebookblog.blogspot.com/2009

Thanks!

Rocío

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-12 1
... See more
Hi,

Do you have any suggestions to replace google notebook?

Google is not offering it anymore!

Starting next week, we plan to stop active development on Google Notebook. This means we'll no longer be adding features or offer Notebook for new users. ...
googlenotebookblog.blogspot.com/2009

Thanks!

Rocío

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-12 17:18 GMT]
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:26
Spanish
+ ...
Evernote! May 12, 2009

It's far better than Google Notebook and you can keep things synced between your desktop and your phone, if you have a data plan that is.

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:26
English to French
+ ...
Evernote May 12, 2009

I second Claudia's suggestion. I never used Google Notes - Evernote was already around at that time, and it has considerably improved since.

You can take 40MB worth of notes per month free of charge, or pay $5 per month if you need more room for your notes, although I highly doubt you will need extra space. You can clip just about anything you want (on the Web and also locally), and tag content to your heart's content. Evernote also has OCR capabilities, so you can search for pictur
... See more
I second Claudia's suggestion. I never used Google Notes - Evernote was already around at that time, and it has considerably improved since.

You can take 40MB worth of notes per month free of charge, or pay $5 per month if you need more room for your notes, although I highly doubt you will need extra space. You can clip just about anything you want (on the Web and also locally), and tag content to your heart's content. Evernote also has OCR capabilities, so you can search for pictures or screen captures that contain text juts like you would search for text.

Evernote comes as an application, but you can also get an account to store your notes online. Evernote is extremely user-friendly! It is also available now as an iPhone/iPod Touch application.

You can download it at www.evernote.com .

[Edited at 2009-05-12 18:49 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:26
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
But you can still use Notebook May 13, 2009

Info on official Notebook's blog says: "But don't fret, we'll continue to maintain service for those of you who've already signed up." So if you won't find anything better there is still no need to worry

Cheers
S

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you have any suggestions to replace google notebook? Google is not offering it anymore.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »