HTML editor
Thread poster: Rodrigo Ortiz-Monasterio Q.
Rodrigo Ortiz-Monasterio Q.
Rodrigo Ortiz-Monasterio Q.  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:55
English to Spanish
Aug 18, 2003

Can anyone recommend a good html editor (freeware) to translate files overwriting the texts without seeing the codes?

Thank-you in advance for your help!

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:55
Italian to English
+ ...
Frontpage express... Aug 18, 2003

.. comes in many installations of windows or internet explorer. You can try the repair/install options for the above and see if the options allow you to install Frontpage Express.
Otherwise, there are several good shareware programs available where you might be able to get a 30 day trial with unrestricted functionality. Try Download.com (part of CNET) or Tucows, searching for "html editor". Hotdog is a good program that I have tried and used. Easy to use etc.

HTH

... See more
.. comes in many installations of windows or internet explorer. You can try the repair/install options for the above and see if the options allow you to install Frontpage Express.
Otherwise, there are several good shareware programs available where you might be able to get a 30 day trial with unrestricted functionality. Try Download.com (part of CNET) or Tucows, searching for "html editor". Hotdog is a good program that I have tried and used. Easy to use etc.

HTH

Sandy
Collapse

Carlos Moreno
Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Cat`s cradle Aug 19, 2003

Take a good look at this page. You will find a whole bunch of tools for the translator.

I suggest you consider Cat`s Cradle. It is the right tool for your needs. It is made especially for translators, and it hides the code and leaves you the text for translation. And it has the right price. Free!

http://www.i18nguy.com/TranslationTools.html

Here is a dir
... See more
Take a good look at this page. You will find a whole bunch of tools for the translator.

I suggest you consider Cat`s Cradle. It is the right tool for your needs. It is made especially for translators, and it hides the code and leaves you the text for translation. And it has the right price. Free!

http://www.i18nguy.com/TranslationTools.html

Here is a direct link to Cat`s Cradle, including definitions:

http://www.stormdance.freeserve.co.uk/dx/catscradle/key%20features.htm

[Edited at 2003-08-19 05:31]
Collapse

Anthony Indra
Anthony Indra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:55
Member (2002)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
NO FRONTPAGE...!!! Aug 19, 2003

Don't use Frontpage to edit HTML. It will change your codes..!!!

Best bet is Dreamweaver and Homesite, but to be exactly safe, use ol' NotePad.

Geir Vikan
Geir Vikan  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:55
Member (2003)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Do not use Frontpage Aug 19, 2003

It changes codes, is complicated (uncontrollable) to use. I have had very bad results on some pages.

bergazy
bergazy  Identity Verified
Croatia
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
Pure Gold!!! Aug 19, 2003

1st Page 2000
Version 2.0 Free Edition

1st Page 2000 is a professional HTML editing software which lets you create great websites fast! The visually appealing program comes bundled with over 450+ Javascripts and supports all the latest web languages. Over 3+ million downloads!

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
freeware Aug 19, 2003

Try Arachnophilia. I prefer the former version.

I confirm what my colleagues said about Frontpage, express or full. You can use it for your homepage, but not for work. Because it damages the code of your client.

There is also the excellent freeware called Notetab light.

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:55
Italian to English
+ ...
good program Aug 19, 2003

Marko Kovacic wrote:

1st Page 2000
Version 2.0 Free Edition

1st Page 2000 is a professional HTML editing software which lets you create great websites fast! The visually appealing program comes bundled with over 450+ Javascripts and supports all the latest web languages. Over 3+ million downloads!

and the way you can choose te level of difficulty you wish to work with is great.

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
CatsCradle ! Aug 20, 2003

Perfect and very easy to use. You can better look here, from Tucows.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/306058.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML editor

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »