Removing AVG breaks down Word 2007
Thread poster: Nicholas Stedman
Nicholas Stedman
Nicholas Stedman  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:01
French to English
Apr 12, 2009

As AVG version 8.0 wasn't working I used the AVG remover software from the official AVG site to remove the old version.
This has made it impossible for me to use Word 2007. I can no longer open any word file including the wordfast model.
URGENT help needed.
PS I have vista and restoring the system makes no difference)

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
repair Office 2007 Apr 12, 2009

NR_Stedman wrote: As AVG version 8.0 wasn't working I used the AVG remover software from the official AVG site to remove the old version. This has made it impossible for me to use Word 2007. I can no longer open any word file including the wordfast model.

system control/programs (or whatever it is called under Vista) and Repair (Microsoft Office 2007).

MrUnknown
MrUnknown
Türkiye
Local time: 13:01
English to Turkish
+ ...
. Apr 23, 2009

What kind of error do you get, if you get any? Because AVG must not be causing such problems with your Word :S Well, just try to repair it, as stated in the previous post, that should help

MrUnknown

Nicholas Stedman
Nicholas Stedman  Identity Verified
Italy
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
AVG does prevent Word from opening documents Apr 23, 2009

MrUnknown wrote:

What kind of error do you get, if you get any? Because AVG must not be causing such problems with your Word :S Well, just try to repair it, as stated in the previous post, that should help

MrUnknown

Just to inform others faced with the same problem that after searching on the internet I found many other references to the same problem of some AVG versions blocking Word 2007 (In fact even after reinstalling word my version was still blocked). The only solution was to manually search and delete all AVG files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing AVG breaks down Word 2007

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »