Problems reaching Proz / Domain Name Server Errors
Thread poster: T_Herrmann (X)
T_Herrmann (X)
T_Herrmann (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:23
German to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2003

Hello, has anyone experienced the same lately? Whenever I go to Proz I look through 2 or 3 pages, and then, all in a sudden, no mather where I click within Proz I get a "Can't find server" error.

Funny though, it doesn't happen with any other site I am trying to reach. So technically it would have to be Proz itself, or one particular router on the way of my packets to Proz. Any ideas?

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 11:23
SITE STAFF
Not aware of a problem Aug 4, 2003

T_Herrmann,

I'm not aware of any problem with ProZ.com's name servers or connectivity. Are you still experiencing trouble connecting?

Regards,

jg

T_Herrmann (X)
T_Herrmann (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:23
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yeah, unfortunately... Aug 4, 2003

it is pretty funny, that the symptoms are always the same. I go to the start page, read a forum post maybe, click on "answer kudoz" and there it is. White page in IE, saying unknown domain.

I had thought it must be my machine first, but then I used Netscape and Opera, and still the same. It only happens with ProZ too, if I type in another web address, it works just fine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems reaching Proz / Domain Name Server Errors

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »