Thread poster: Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:34
Member (2004)
Mar 9, 2009

Hi,

I'm posting this on the off-chance that someone may have encountered the same problem - I have just installed an HP printer (PhotoSmart C5380) with Vista Family Premium. The HP software doesn't appear to allow me to select pages for printing. I regularly receive scanned docs as images, and it's useful to be able to print for example page 5 and ignore the others, but no can do. Do I need to maybe uninstall their software, or choose another pilot or something?

Has any
... See more
Hi,

I'm posting this on the off-chance that someone may have encountered the same problem - I have just installed an HP printer (PhotoSmart C5380) with Vista Family Premium. The HP software doesn't appear to allow me to select pages for printing. I regularly receive scanned docs as images, and it's useful to be able to print for example page 5 and ignore the others, but no can do. Do I need to maybe uninstall their software, or choose another pilot or something?

Has anybody else come across the same problem?

Kate
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Just use a different program, then. Mar 9, 2009

I recommend IrfanView for this kind of thing. It's small and fast and handles multipage TIFFs very nicely.

HTH,

Benjamin

Katherine Mérignac
France
Member (2004)
TOPIC STARTER
Comptatibility Mar 9, 2009

Sounds good - if I download and install will it automatically detect my printer though? I imagine the answer is yes?!!

K

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Detect? Mar 9, 2009

What do you mean, detect? You're using Windows, so every program can use the printer.

B

[Edited at 2009-03-09 18:57 GMT]

Katherine Mérignac
France
Member (2004)
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect - thanks Mar 10, 2009

Yep, the kind of amateur comment made by an IT nerd!! I was slightly worried messing with the print setup would somehow cause problems. I imagine I can just as simply remove the HP programme (hmm... bit too daring for me). Anyway, installing your freeware has done the job and it's working just great!

Thanks for your help, Benjamin.

Kate

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Yep, sometimes it's easier than you think. Mar 10, 2009

Glad to have been of assistance!

B

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Printing individual pages with HP Photosmart C5380

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »